Loads blank page after update to 2.3.0

invoices.redlinetechsolutions.com

updated via softaculous

went to the update url, loaded blank page
try to load and blank page as well.

even when viewing source, it is totally blank

Can you check your web server error logs for any details.

Thanks

I have attempted to update again as the page is not loading anyways. Softaculous says the update is fine. I get “Whoops something went wrong” when i load the page.
in the laravel.log:

[2015-08-24 18:21:34] production.ERROR: Illuminate\Session\TokenMismatchException [0] : /home/tcrasher/public_html/redlinetechsolutions.com/ninja/vendor/compiled.php [Line 2548] =>

I am not sure where to go from here

You can display errors to the screen by setting APP_DEBUG to true in the .env file.

Not sure what to make of this…

Whoops, looks like something went wrong.
1/1 TokenMismatchException in compiled.php line 2548:

in compiled.php line 2548
at VerifyCsrfToken->handle(object(Request), object(Closure)) in VerifyCsrfToken.php line 34
at VerifyCsrfToken->handle(object(Request), object(Closure)) in compiled.php line 9182
at Pipeline->Illuminate\Pipeline\{closure}(object(Request)) in compiled.php line 12362
at ShareErrorsFromSession->handle(object(Request), object(Closure)) in compiled.php line 9182
at Pipeline->Illuminate\Pipeline\{closure}(object(Request)) in compiled.php line 11052
at StartSession->handle(object(Request), object(Closure)) in compiled.php line 9182
at Pipeline->Illuminate\Pipeline\{closure}(object(Request)) in compiled.php line 12064
at AddQueuedCookiesToResponse->handle(object(Request), object(Closure)) in compiled.php line 9182
at Pipeline->Illuminate\Pipeline\{closure}(object(Request)) in compiled.php line 12012
at EncryptCookies->handle(object(Request), object(Closure)) in compiled.php line 9182
at Pipeline->Illuminate\Pipeline\{closure}(object(Request)) in compiled.php line 2587
at CheckForMaintenanceMode->handle(object(Request), object(Closure)) in compiled.php line 9182
at Pipeline->Illuminate\Pipeline\{closure}(object(Request))
at call_user_func(object(Closure), object(Request)) in compiled.php line 9173
at Pipeline->then(object(Closure)) in compiled.php line 1994
at Kernel->sendRequestThroughRouter(object(Request)) in compiled.php line 1981
at Kernel->handle(object(Request)) in index.php line 53

If you haven’t already can you try clearing your browser cookies.

Still the same problem. Also tried from a computer that has never visited the page to be sure. I’d like the new version, but I’m about to roll back to a backup and turn off update notifications. I need this to work to Bill my clients.

How come you’re updating to 2.3.0 and not the latest 2.3.3?

It is what softaculous is offering at the moment.

Maybe there’s a process to update the Softaculous libraries on your server, according to this site they list 2.3.3.

https://www.softaculous.com/apps/ecommerce/Invoice_Ninja

You can try commenting out the following line in app/Http/Kernel.php to test without the CSRF token.

‘App\Http\Middleware\VerifyCsrfToken’,

surprisingly enough, I just logged in to my cpanel and checked and it is now 2.3.3. lol, it wasnt that earlier this morning. we shall see how it goes.

Also, what is the significance of the CSRF token anyways? What will it affect if it is left commented?

The token is used to prevent cross-site scripting attacks.

From Google…

Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) is a type of attack that occurs when a malicious Web site, email, blog, instant message, or program causes a user’s Web browser to perform an unwanted action on a trusted site for which the user is currently authenticated.

I just updated to 2.3.3. Navigated to the /update page. Hit the login screen. Logged in, same error. Ill comment it out now and see if there are any further problems.

Know of any reasons this error could be occuring after the update and not before?

now i am just getting a totally blank page

check it out if it helps.

invoices.redlinetechsolutions.com

Is there anything in your Apache error log?

Server logs:

[Tue Aug 25 11:28:23 2015] [error] [client 204.197.152.52] File does not exist: /home/tcrasher/public_html/redlinetechsolutions.com/ninja/404.shtml, referer: http://invoices.redlinetechsolutions.com/public/
[Tue Aug 25 11:28:23 2015] [error] [client 204.197.152.52] File does not exist: /home/tcrasher/public_html/redlinetechsolutions.com/ninja/favicon.ico, referer: http://invoices.redlinetechsolutions.com/public/
[Tue Aug 25 11:26:31 2015] [error] [client 204.197.152.52] File does not exist: /home/tcrasher/public_html/redlinetechsolutions.com/ninja/404.shtml, referer: http://invoices.redlinetechsolutions.com/public/
[Tue Aug 25 11:26:31 2015] [error] [client 204.197.152.52] File does not exist: /home/tcrasher/public_html/redlinetechsolutions.com/ninja/favicon.ico, referer: http://invoices.redlinetechsolutions.com/public/
[Tue Aug 25 11:18:27 2015] [error] [client 204.197.152.52] File does not exist: /home/tcrasher/public_html/redlinetechsolutions.com/ninja/404.shtml
[Tue Aug 25 11:18:27 2015] [error] [client 204.197.152.52] File does not exist: /home/tcrasher/public_html/redlinetechsolutions.com/ninja/favicon.ico
[Tue Aug 25 10:56:07 2015] [error] [client 204.197.152.52] File does not exist: /home/tcrasher/public_html/404.shtml
[Tue Aug 25 10:56:07 2015] [error] [client 204.197.152.52] File does not exist: /home/tcrasher/public_html/favicon.ico

I use arvixe and I am not sure where to get the apache log

It looks like you’re using an ‘invoices’ sub-domain. If you can I’d suggest mapping the web-root to the public folder.

You may also want to follow up with Avrixe for help.

Note, you’ll also need to update the value of APP_URL in the .env file to match the URL you use to access the site.