Issues with version 5

I was forced to update to version 5 and I am having endless issues. Ninja Support has been completely useless. After migrating the data, they sent me a link but in that new version the email editor and the Templates & Reminders don’t function well, as you can see in the first 2 screen shots.

Then, they sent me a different link, which resolves this issue but with the new link, with every page that I access there is a pop-up of saving a PDF file, as you can see in the additional screen shot and the video at the link below

I am feeling lost because there is nothing I can do on my end and Ninja’s support are not responding.

Hi,

v5 has an email markdown editor which can be enabled on Settings > Account Management. If your template starts with an HTML tag it will be disabled though, reseting the template should help.

If the PDF is being downloaded rather than viewed it may be due to the browser’s PDF settings. I suggest testing with a different browser to see if it helps.

Thank you. It amazes me that after 3 days Ninja’s support weren’t able to explain to me the markdown editor.
Now, after you helped me to fix this issue, is there a way to re-arrange that page and increase the size of the editing window?

The PDF is just automatically pops up without me triggering anything and it is not a browser issue. It happens in ANY browser and ONLY with Invoice Ninja

The app doesn’t support changing the size of the email editor.

Here’s an article explaining how to change your browser’s PDF settings:

Maybe I wasn’t clear about the PDF. I am not even triggering anything to download any files. Just by selecting a menu the dialog box opens by itself. What you sent me is useful if I want to download/save/open a file and then to select any of those options but what is happening to me is that the browsers just automatically open the dialog box as if I have clicked a button, although I didn’t

Have you tried adjusting your browser settings? The pages where this is occurring the app is generating a PDF preview, it seems likely your browser is configured to download the PDF rather than view it inline which is causing the problem.

So here is the situation.
I have been given 2 different links for V5. Each one has its own issues.

invoicing. co:
This one had the issue with editing emails but with your help it is somewhat resolved. Still, the interface is very unfriendly, definitely when comparing to V4. Editing the emails is now possible but with difficulties. Editing Templates & Reminders is again, has all kind of symbols and makes editing very time consuming and not straight forward.

app.invoicing.co:
This one is more “user friendly” but it has the annoying pop-up boxes. The appear each time I click with the mouse on the screen. I just uploaded another video, link below. In the video you can also see that when I go to Send Email there is a large blue box on the right, instead of a preview.

Let me know if you can view the video

1. Have you tried reseting the email templates?

2. Have you tried adjusting the browser PDF settings?

Please check out this video.
The PDF pop-up happens only in Firefox. In Chrome it doesn’t happen but in Chrome I am getting what you will see in the video.
I just checked also Opera browser and it behaves the same way as in this video. The Opera browser that I use is “clean” of any add-ons etc.

@david do you have any thoughts?

Customer Support responded and they fixed this recent issue with Chrome.
The PDF pop-up window on Firefox is still there though

The solution to that issue was posted above:

Solution for what? For the pop-ups? None of the suggestions above helped. Unless I missed something? I am talking about the issue with Firefox, with the pop-up window.
The settings in Firefox don’t address the issue. Again - Watch the video that I attached above. The window pop-up by itself each time I just click anywhere with the mouse on the screen. The solution that you provided talks about what to do with the PDF file IF and WHEN I want to open/save a file. Again - I do NOT want to open or to save any PDF file. The window pops-up by itself all the time

I’m assuming you’re referring to the popup to download the PDF, do you mean something else? The reason you see the problem in Firefox but not Chrome is due to a difference in their default PDF behavior.

I don’t know how to explain this again. I am not trying to download any PDF. This is something I have never seen before.
When I try to download a PDF I am aware that I can change the settings, whether to open with PDF, open with Firefox, save or ask me what to do. But again - This is not the case here. I am not trying to do ANYTHING with ANY PDF file. Nothing. Imagine you are just surfing on any website and then this window pops up by itself, out of the blue. Again - Watch the video. I am not triggering anything and this just pops up all the time.

Is the issue occurring only on the edit invoice and send email screens or other screens as well? Those are the two screens where PDFs are generated so it would explain the issue.

Here’s another web site with a live PDF preview you can test with:

https://raw.githack.com/MrRio/jsPDF/master/index.html

Yes, it looks like only in these two screens. It doesn’t happen on the page that you sent me

@david do you have any suggestions?

This is an odd one, @bmeiri this is happening across all browsers? There is a setting in Settings > User Details > Preferences to disable the PDF previews which should at the least stop the downloads from happening for you.

I’ll need to look into why this is happening as we only see this typically when the browser does not support PDF rendering.