Issue with "Show Payment" Link in InvoiceNinja

I am writing to report an issue regarding the payment link received via email after marking an invoice as paid in InvoiceNinja. The email subject line states “New Payment from Client,” and it includes a link labeled “Show Payment.” However, upon clicking on the link, I am redirected to an error 404 page.

I would greatly appreciate your assistance in resolving this matter promptly. I have attached relevant screenshots for your reference.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. :slight_smile:

Hi,

@david do you have any suggestions?

Just checked the emails I have as well. the link is just the base URL, nothing following.

Is there a custom domain configured in Settings > Client Portal ?

Dear David,

Here is a Screenshot of the “Client-Portal” screen. Did I conmfigure something wrong ?

@Dallna

Does your APP_URL match your endpoint? ie, do you have /public which is showing in the URL, but not in the APP_URL, I can’t see the full URLs here so I am wondering if the issue is due to a .htaccess rewrite?

When I send an invoice to one of my clients the link is working perfectly fine its just when I mark something as paid and I get this email that this link is not working or wrong. As you see in the first picture I attached at the beginning of the thread this link is just pointing to: rechnung.mydomain.at/public. Where can I change that so this link leads me to the invoice ? Thank you for your help!

I think I understand what is happening here.

If you mark a draft invoice as paid, then because there are no invitation links present, you don’t get a full URL to the payment link. You would want to mark the invoice as sent, the mark as paid.

Just to note, this payment link record takes you to the client facing page. It doesn’t take you to the admin portal.