Invoices.recurring_invoice_id definition JSON

Hello,

I’m currently trying to build a revenue recognition/deferred revenue model from the JSON data export and noticed that for each recurring invoice which has been sent to the client (row 2 of screenshot) a “recurring_invoice_id” is stated on the row (e.g. 3362189)

Unfortunately the “recurring_invoice_id” is not present on the recurring invoice row (first row) itself (just 0)

As the recurring invoice row does not have the id stated (3362189) there is no possibility to reference the frequency to the sent invoice and build a revenue recognition/deferral model → in this example the frequency is 9 = annually whereas the amount of 120 needs to be split (1/12)

Is there a logic for the field “recurring_invoice_id” which can be replicated? Why does the “recurring_invoice_id” not show up in the recurring invoice itself? Can this be fixed or is there a workaround to build a reference? (e.g. in PowerQuery)

Thank you very much in advance!

1 Like

Hi,

I believe the recurring_invoice_id is the id of the recurring invoice which generated this invoice.

Hi hillel,

Exactly, but it is just present on the SENT invoice row (second row of screenshot) and not on the set up recurring invoice itself. Here the id is NOT stated anywhere (e.g. the invoice.id field also does not match the recurring_invoice_id field)

In the first row of the screenshot (set up recurring invoice) the field “recurring_invoice_id” is always 0. So it is not possible to reference information from the recurring invoice row to the actually sent invoice (e.g. the frequency)

1 Like

@david do you have any thoughts on this?

This looks like v4 data? In v5 there is a recurring_id column but not a recurring_invoice_id column in the invoices table. So i’m not sure how this is even visible in this dataset of v5.

Hi David,

my apologies, it’s v4 and not v5. I’ve changed the category accordingly.

It’s a limitation in the v4 data, it should be corrected in v5

1 Like

We have had to enforce a limit of one recurring invoice per client because of this limitation in the API. Is there any ETA on v5 being deployed to hosted customers?

v5 is available as a beta to hosted users, if you’d like to try it please email contact@invoiceninja.com