Invoice Terms get cut off if you leave a large invoice note

I’ve noticed in some experimenting that if you have a single page invoice and post both invoice terms and an invoice note, the invoice terms will get cut off and not automatically start a new page. Instead it just gets cut off and the text disappears below the footer.

Do you have a bug tracker or similar issue tracker Hillel? Wasn’t sure where to put this so I posted here. You can repro this by simply making a long (25 words) invoice terms, and then add a long note.

A possible solution might be a cover letter or something that can serve as an invoice note, as I often leave instructions for clients to explain payment methods, etc.

We use GitHub to track issues: https://github.com/invoiceninja/invoiceninja/issues/

There’s info here related to manually forcing a page break: https://www.invoiceninja.com/forums/topic/add-2nd-page/

It took me a while to figure out how to insert a page break into the PDF.

You have to go to Advanced Settings -> Invoice Design -> Customize -> Content Tab

Change the FORM pulldown to CODE.

My configuration is below (which may or may not help your specific circumstance). You will see the “pageBreak” entry. This causes the “invoice Footer” (Advanced Settings -> Invoice Settings -> Default Messages -> Invoice Footer) to show up on a page by itself at the bottom of the PDF.

I still had to tweak the font size and positioning to make it look right. We work in Telecom so our “Terms and Conditions” are like 3 pages long.

One last note… Don’t make the same mistake I did. Go to ADVANCED SETTINGS -> INVOICE DESIGN -> GENERAL SETTINGS -> DESIGN PULLDOWN and select CUSTOM (or whatever you name the new design when editing the default). If you don’t select the correct design then you will scratch your head trying to figure out why the changes to your "Custom Design’ are not showing on the invoice you send to the customer.

Hope all this helps.

"style": "invoiceLineItemsTable",
    "table": {
      "headerRows": 1,
      "widths": "$invoiceLineItemColumns",
      "body": "$invoiceLineItems"
    },
    "layout": {
      "hLineWidth": "$notFirst:.5",
      "vLineWidth": "$none",
      "hLineColor": "#D8D8D8",
      "paddingLeft": "$amount:8",
      "paddingRight": "$amount:8",
      "paddingTop": "$amount:14",
      "paddingBottom": "$amount:14"
    }
  },
  {
    "pageBreak": "after",
    "columns": [
      "$notesAndTerms",
      {
        "table": {
          "widths": [
            "*",
            "40%"
          ],
          "body": "$subtotals"
        },
        "layout": {
          "hLineWidth": "$none",
          "vLineWidth": "$none",
          "paddingLeft": "$amount:34",
          "paddingRight": "$amount:8",
          "paddingTop": "$amount:4",
          "paddingBottom": "$amount:4"
        }
      }
    ]
  }
]

Glad to hear you were able to figure it out.

Our customize tool isn’t so easy to use, it’s more a result of our technology choices.

Hillel,

PDF in general is “ugly”. I have never seen a pretty PDF editor. It even gets worse for dynamic content.

I’ve been looking around and can’t seem to find the answer, and am new to this stuff so apologize if this is easy question, maybe someone can just point me in the right direction.

How do I customize the invoice design to only show certain columns like only Description and Amount?

Thanks.

If you leave the item column empty it should be hidden on the invoice and you can hide the quantity column in the Invoice Options panel on /settings/invoice_design.

Currently this leaves both the unit cost and line total columns, in our next release we plan to hide unit cost if the quantity column is hidden.

I have the same problem with the T&C’s, and have created a new page break for the T&C which takes a page and a half. Ideally, I would like to change the font size to really small so that the T&C fits onto one page. I cannot figure out how to change the font size for the $notesAndTerms. Anyone can help me with a hint or suggestion?

{
“pageBreak”: “after”,
“columns”: [
“$none”,
{
“stack”: [
{
“style”: “subtotals”,
“table”: {
“widths”: [
",
“35%”