Invoice PDF filenames

If I download the invoice directly from GUI the prefix will be named:

Invoice_ XXXX.pdf (prefix non-translated)

If I check multiple invoices and unzip the file 2024-04-22_Invoices.zip inside there are translated prefixes.

Račun_XXXX.pdf (prefix translated)

Secondly, It would be great if filenames could have the suffix. In my case
Invoice_{$year}-{$counter}-{$counter}-{Client name}-{$invoice_custom_filed_1}

Example:
Invoice_2024-0908-Google LLC-Translation Services.pdf

Thank you

Hi,

Which version do you see in the about dialog?

For changes to the app please use: Issues · invoiceninja/invoiceninja · GitHub

Hi Hillel.

v5.8.50-C157

I don’t know if it’s a change, or might already be implemented along the way and I don’t know about it.

Thx

I created a feature request.

Thx

I’m not able to reproduce this. Do you see a difference if you use the download action in the invoice datatable versus first selecting View PDF and then clicking download?

View PDF and GUI Download are the same. Non-translated.

Of course, It’s up to the client’s language.

Gui and View PDF downloads will ignore the client language, while Batch download (zip package) will honor the client language. That’s the difference.

Sometimes I download single invoices and sometimes multiple and downloaded filenames are different. Maybe also GUI download should honor it.

Thank you

Br,
Dali

@david any thoughts on this? In the latest version of the AP we always use the company language to name the downloaded file.

@hillel

Its not clear to me where the issue is here, the backend should always return the filename localized?

@david is the backend localizing based on the company’s language or the client’s language?

@hillel

The backend will always have the client locale in this regard, as all of the translations would be localized to the client.

@david ok thanks, I’ll update the AP.

Hi. I’m not following you now.

So it’s OK that invoice download and PDF view download have different filenames than batch download?

Thx

…along the way I found if I only batch-select a single invoice, GUI says it will send an email, but it doesn’t. For 2 or more invoices it works OK.