Invoice Ninja RC1 error on install

Hello,

I am trying to install the latest rc1 zip file on my host. After having unzipped all files in the root directory I cannot access the installer screen. I am getting the below error:

Warning: require(/www/wwwroot/mydomain/public/…/vendor/autoload.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/wwwroot/billing.mydomain/public/index.php on line 26

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required ‘/www/wwwroot/billing.mydomain/public/…/vendor/autoload.php’ (include_path=’.:’) in /www/wwwroot/billing.mydomain/public/index.php on line 26

Using Apache 2.4 and PHP 7.4

Thanks for any tips.

Hi,

Can you please check that you downloaded the file called invoiceninja.zip?

Hi Hillel, you were right, I had downloaded the source file with the zip extension.

Ok one step further but not there yet :grinning:

I uploaded the correct invoiceninja.zip file and was able to fill out all the fields on the setup page. Database connects, PDF is generated and email works fine.

However… once I click the submit button, the page just reloads and nothing happens. When I refresh my browser and I try to access the setup page again, I am getting an 500 server error.

Great, progress :slight_smile:

Are there any details about the error in storage/logs/

Hi again,

Great progress indeed… I found the following error in storage/logs:

[2020-11-19 17:03:16] production.INFO: The Process class relies on proc_open, which is not available on your PHP installation.

So I configured PHP to use proc_open and it worked!!! I was able to install Invoice Ninja.

After playing around a bit with the settings I ran into two more issues:

1. Uploading a logo to my company settings gives me the following error:

500: Error: {
“message”: “Server Error”
}

1. Generating a pdf file creates the following error: 500

In the error log I found the following 2 lines:

sh: npm: command not found
sh: node: command not found

I have found some other reports of these errors in the forum but am not sure how to go about solving this.

Do I need to install npm and node ? If so, what would be the best way to do this ? I am using Ubuntu 18.04

Thanks a lot,

Jacques

Hi,

1. Try running php artisan storage:link

2. npm/node are optional, you can use PhantomJS Cloud instead

https://invoiceninja.github.io/selfhost.html#phantom-js

Hi Hillel,

Here are the rest results based on your latest recommendations:

1. when running php artisan storage: link I get:

In Filesystem.php line 315:

symlink() has been disabled for security reasons

Not sure what this means :neutral_face:

1. I created a PhantomJS cloud account.

Following the V5 instructions I would need to edit the env file with the following information:

PHANTOMJS_KEY='a-demo-key-with-low-quota-per-ip-address'
PHANTOMJS_SECRET=your-secret-here

In my PhantomJS account I can only see my user name and an API key which doesn’t seem to be the same thing.

I guess this is above my current skill level at the moment so I will leave it here right now and revert back to V4.

A big thanks in any case for having been patient and helpful. I am sure I will give V5 another try in a few months time.

Kind regards,

Jacques

Hi @jcsv75,

Looks like your host provided a disabled symlink(). That said there’s no much we can do regarding that.

When it comes to filling PhantomJS:
KEY is your API key and the secret is something that you define as double-step security.

Thanks!