Invoice Ninja 5.5.71 PHP 8.1 - CRON Settings

Apologies, I set the reminder time to 6 AM.

Still nothing being sent guys.

Any thoughts…?

Morning guys

Still no change, nothing being sent.

Any help appreciated.

@david do you have any suggestions to debug this?

Can you paste the exact contents of the crontab please. I note above you mention that it was working with the following:

cd /usr/local/bin/php /home/[ACCTNAME]/public_html/ && php artisan schedule:run >> /dev/null 2>&1

what has changed since?

Also in the thread i note you have referenced the paths differently

/usr/bin/ea-php81 -d register_argc_argv=On /home/[ACCTNAME]/public_html/artisan schedule:run >> /dev/null 2>&1

and

php /home/[ACCTNAME]/public_html/artisan queue:work --stop-when-empty

Thanks for getting back to me @david

Here’s what I have set in the Cron jobs at the moment:

• /usr/bin/ea-php81 -d register_argc_argv=On /home/[ACCTNAME]/public_html/artisan schedule:run >> /dev/null 2>&1

And…

• php /home/[ACCTNAME]/public_html/artisan queue:work --stop-when-empty

Emails send fine when I send an invoice manually but no reminders or due invoices are sent at all.

The first step here would be to add consistency into the crons, If regular emails are sending, and you are using QUEUE_CONNECTION=database, then we can probably assume your queue is running.

So I would recommend to change your scheduler command to

* * * * * php /home/[ACCTNAME]/public_html/artisan schedule:run

Hi @david

I have added the following cron job:

/usr/bin/ea-php81 -d register_argc_argv=On /home/[ACCTNAME]/public_html/artisan schedule:run

And yes, connection is set to database:

QUEUE_CONNECTION=database

How can I test that this is working do you think…?

In your database, go to the accounts table and set the column

is_scheduler_running

to 0 and then save.

every 5 minutes a cron job runs to set this value to 1.

If after 10-15 minutes you do not see this value change, it means the scheduler is not running…

just to note, you’ve change the cron to the opposite of my suggestions… you can test as you have set it and if it does not work, change it to the format i have suggested.

Hi @david and thanks for your patience.

It looks like the database is not updating as the value is still set to “0”.

I also updated the cron job to the following:

• php /home/bill01/public_html/artisan schedule:run

@infowhatnowebsite-co

You may want to try logging the output of your crons to a log file, this will hopefully give you some additional information on why your crons are not running as expected.