Install of latest v4 results in blank page after setup

Hi There.

I am currently running v4.5.16 very happily. When either upgrading or doing totally clean install of latest v4 (4.5.46), I get a blank page after upgrade/setup.

There are no Apache errors nor Laravel errors (my storage/logs/* files are owned by the user running php).

I forced the incorrect DB password in the .env file - same result (ie. doesn’t look like it’s getting to even try DB connection).

I have done a totally fresh install with a new database - same result.

Please help - I’ve run out of things to try…
Web server: Apache2
Php version: 7.3 and tried 7.4 - same result.

Thanks in advance.
PS. - I’m wanting to upgrade to v5, but need to get to latest v4 first obviously.

Hi,

A blank page may mean permissions issues, are there any errors in the web serve error logs?

Hi
There are zero errors in the Apache error log. If I do something random to force a http error, then I see it in the error log so I know the error log is working.

Nothing in the laravel log either (just done a fresh install and after getting the blank page, the log hasn’t even been created).

I have confirmed - PHP is running as the same user as what I extracted the Invoice Ninja zip file as - ie. the Web user owns 100% of the files in the docroot.

I’ve also checked the entire docroot’s permissions - every file and folder is 600 at least.

Tx.

Not sure, without logs it’s hard to help.

@david any ideas?

Tx for trying - and agreed re the absence of logs…

Not sure if it helps to mention, but as soon as I restore the fines from the older version, everything works 100% again…

I’m getting a little desperate here…my host is turning PHP7.3 support off on the 16th November…

I’m thinking to switch to the SaaS version - am I able to sign up for as v4 account so that I can import my data to it and then uprade to v5?

Tx

The latest v4 version now supports PHP 7.4.

Sorry, the hosted v4 app no longer supports creating new accounts.