Install new v5 at Ionos/1und1 Shared Hosting

Hello Ninjas,

i’m currently trying to install the self hosted invoice ninja at a shared hoster (called Ionos or 1und1). I Uploaded everything from the .zip file to the webstorage at /invoiceninja.
My domain invoice.domain.de is pointing to /invoiceninja and i can successfully access https://invoice.domain.de/public but i get an 500 error.
At the log it said production.INFO: db fails so i setup a mariadb and editet the .env file. After that i get the error production.INFO: account table not found - well of course because the database is completely empty.

Is there a way to setup invoice ninja in a shared hoster without cpanel oder softacolous?

If not: Did someyone already install invoice ninja in docker in synology? I can’t get it working there as well…

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Jonas

Hi,

It may help to add /setup after public.

@david do you have any suggestions?

Hi @hillel,

i already tried that as well. I get the following error message:

regards,
Jonas

Are there any details in the web server error log?

Hi @hillel,
what logs do you exactly mean?
Because its a shared hoster my access is pretty limited. I have a logs folder in the root directory of my webspace, but there are only logs of what got accessed and therefore no errors.
The only thing i can see is the 500 error as well as the two messages mentioned in the laravel.log.
Is the only way to get a clean database with the setup wizard in invoice ninja?
regards,
Jonas

If you have command line access you can try running php artisan migrate

Hi @hillel,
unfortunately this is not possible in the environment from Ionos.
I just got the domains, webspace and databases to configure. Other things like wordpress and nextcloud are running flawlessly.

I’m not sure, @david may have some suggestions.

You’ll want to get the PHP logs to understand why the 500.

Hi @hillel @david,

i couldn’t find something related.

I setup a ubuntu VM in my Synology environment including LetsEncrypt and it is working there!

Thank you!

in IONOS is the installation not possible you have no rights to run the installer… because of the Server Setup on IONOS… i think there are some missing dependencies (i think “proc_open” and “exec” modules are disabled) look at here

Hi , am new in this forum
i have some troubles to setup invoiceninja V5 in my web server IONOS
Some one can help me please @jokuconsulting as i see it working for you , i have a similar 500 error

Please create a new post with the details of the 500 error from storage/logs.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

how i can get this details from storage/logs @hillel

(uiserver):u115661453:~/invoiceninja$ php artisan migrate
Content-type: text/html