Import from self-hosted to hosted doesn't import data

I’ve get a self-hosted version of Invoice Ninja running on shared server - it’s installed through Softaculous and is version 5.3.84. I hit the settings → export button and get a zip file, which looks about right (unzipped it’s a JSON file at about 5.5MB). I’ve then gone to my new free hosted site at invoicing.co and selected import → JSON and uploaded the zip file. I checked both data and settings.

I see a message saying ‘successfully started import’ but nothing else happens at all.

I can’t see any data imported, however things like my company info seem to be in there. I got an email with my logo on it, so something is working, but most stuff is not getting imported at all. No invoices, no clients etc.

Can you help?

Hi,

@david any thoughts to debug?

@quaintjames

Could you please forward the file to us at contact@invoiceninja.com and we’ll take a look.

Thanks - I’ve just sent now.

I have an issue that, at least at first glance, seems related. I have a white lable system running for my own business, I recently tried to import a JSON file for a second business from invoice.co.

The zip upload was successful, followed by notification of a successful import. I could log in and peruse the new company and its attendant data without issue, for a short while, then it all just disappeared. The company stays but all the data is gone. I’ve checked the database and it holds no data for the new company beyond the its basic info, all customers, invoices etc are gone.

I’ve tried the entire process from both the web app and the Windows app. I’ve noticed that uploading via the web interface fails - no error is reported but the documents are not there. Files uploaded via the Windows app appear correctly but it makes no difference with the JSON import, regardless of the upload mechanism the data loads, briefly, then vanishes.

I’ve tried delete/purge/artisan but none appear to make a difference.

The logs show a successful import but nothing beyond that.

All help gratefully received.