How to send recurring invoices earlier than the supposed date

Hey fellow ninjas!

I found myself in a situation where I can choose to leave it alone but there’s a voice in my head that keeps nagging me about it.

I’ve had CRON problems with InvoiceNinja, with CRON problems I mean no CRON available (to keep it simple).

So in the beginning I’ve watched everyday the recurring invoices to check when I needed to send one but a few got send much later. Now that this is resolved I wanted to solve those few invoices by sending them manually on the correct date but InvoiceNinja doesn’t let me, I keep getting the message that it’s too early.

Is there a way to solve this without archiving the old ones and creating a new one?

Would changing the date in the DB solve this or is this a no no?

Hi,

You can change the start date in the app to allow the app to send the invoice.

@hillel That’s what I thought but he won’t. I’ve tried clicking on “Email invoice” but because the one last year was sent much later than the starting date he won’t allow it.

For example:

Start date: 24/01/2021
Last sent date: 05/02/2021
Clicking today on “Email invoice”: It’s too soon to create the next recurring invoice, it’s scheduled for 05-02-2022 8:00

Have you tried changing the start date and re-saving the invoice?

1 Like

@Hillel why didn’t I think of that?

Is it possible that an action button could be added to recurring invoices that automatically sets the next send date to today’s date, and then sends the invoice via email immediately?

I think there are many other features missing from recurring invoices such as the action “Skip Next Send Date” to skip the next invoice send date.

I also found the frequency quite limiting, there is no way to send invoices every 6 weeks.

Check out this photo collage of screenshots I took from my old Quickbooks account. There options for recurring invoices are really great. They include everything I have mentioned in this post and more. Is it possible that we could see these options in Invoice Ninja anytime soon?

Thanks,
Liam

Hi,

Feel free to create an issue here to request a new feature:

Thanks Hillel,
I have made a new GitHub feature request here

Liam.