How to integrate bank account?

I just noticed that in a recent update there is a new transactions tab.

I then found this info: Integrate Your Banks - Invoice Ninja

and here: Yodlee Banking Integration (invoiceninja.com)

I don’t see Settings > Bank Account > Connect accounts?

However, I don’t understand how to get this working. When I go to settings > bank accounts and create a bank account, it just asks for a name and that’s it. There’s no way to perform steps to integrate it with my bank/Yodlee.

Is there some further documentation? How can I get this set up?

1 Like

Hi,

Yodlee is only supported on the hosted platform, the monthly fees would be prohibitive for individual users to sign up for the service. In the selfhost app you can use the CSV import.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming. While disappointing, that does make sense. The use of CSV import will still be useful :slight_smile:

Just for context, Yodlee’s minimum plan starts at $500usd/month.

Jeez, no kidding. Makes sense then!

1 Like

@kylegp

Yep, but the good thing is the functionality after you import a bank statement via CSV, contains ALL the features, we have advanced rules for matching expenses and invoices in a future release :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@kylegp you can use nordigen (a free service) and a low-code solution like zapier, make or n8n to connect these services.

I did this for my instance within n8n and it works very well. But you need a little coding skills.

As of the free pricing systen, this could also be a suiteable addition to integrate nativ into invoiceninja.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing @paulwer! Could you share your JSON workflow? It would be golden!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19uRYa7Av0aZiw1vzc3SbIbx1mCmqaflZ/view?usp=sharing

You have to replace the invoiceninja url and the credentials for nordigen.
In order to have a working workflow, you have to create the credentials for nordigen from curl/postman (etc)

2 Likes

Thank you so much Paul!

1 Like

@paulwer Thanks for the share, I’m totally new to n8n and this kind of automation I have gotten all to work except the variables:

{{nordigen_bank_account_id}}
{{nordigen_secret_id}}
{{nordigen_secret_key}}

You mention curl/postman is that to create a special credentials in n8n or how??? Can you send me in the right direction because I’m not sure how to get this working.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

you have to create an end-user aggreement at nordigen first. therefore sign in with your bank account. most likely with oauth2. After this nordigen has 90 days of access to your bank account, until you have to sign in again. (you have to swap the id of the aggreement within n8n each time.

1 Like

@kinduff @kylegp there is now the nordigen-bank-integration, which can be used for self-hosted users also :slight_smile:

1 Like

These are the required .env values

NORDIGEN_SECRET_ID=
NORDIGEN_SECRET_KEY=
NORDIGEN_TEST_MODE=false
1 Like

Also, just want to say thank you to @paulwer for implementing the feature.

This was a big undertaking, we very much appreciate your efforts!

1 Like

hi, this post is very interesting, I would like to implement it in my ninja instance but nordigen doesn’t support Switzerland as a country; does anyone have any idea how this could be done from Switzerland?