How to install Invoice Ninja on Hostgator

Hi Hillel,
Looks like it worked! I was able to go to Cpanel and go to php config and choose PHP 5.4. Went back to my invoices sub-domain and got access!

Hi 5!

Awesome, thanks for sticking with it.

Let me know if you run into any other problems.

Thanks Hillel! Hope someone else will benefit from our thread!

Hillel,
I’m having trouble setting up the email setting at the startup screen. I couldn’t get the emails to come through with my Gmail SMTP and TCL settings and I just went ahead with the set up. Now I’m getting errors when I try to ‘recover’ the forgotten password.

"Whoops, looks like something went wrong.

1/1
Swift_TransportException in AbstractSmtpTransport.php line 383:
Expected response code 220 but got code “”, with message “”

I’d suggest checking your email credentials in the .env file in the root of the folder, if possible try with a different email account.

There’s an outstanding issue where testing email on the setup screen always shows success.

Ok, I see I got to the .env file and got the original credentials that I set. Yeah it seems that the email test shows a success when I first did the set up.

Hi Anonymous and Hillel Coren,

I can see Anonymous has successfully installed Invoice Ninja on his/her shared hosting. I am facing the same problem. My domain is billing.mydomain.com. I have uploaded all the files. I have also created the database.

Now what should I do?

Please…

Hi,

I am able to see the setup page. I just have to change the permission of the folder “public” to 755 and now I can see the setup page.

After providing all the information, now I see this error:

ErrorException in /home/ogrlega1/public_html/billing/vendor/symfony/process/ProcessUtils.php line 74:
escapeshellarg() has been disabled for security reasons

Can you help me guys?

Thanks

There’s more info here: https://github.com/invoiceninja/invoiceninja/issues/784

I believe you’ll either need to temporarily enable escapeshellarg or setup the app from the command line