How to get notification for client approved quote or backend approved quote

Hi Good Day everyone,

My Question is regarding the the email notification on this 2 situation.

1. Client get and open the quote, then they click approve to convert the quote to invoice. Then when the invoice generated, i would like for them to receive an email to notify them, and also an email to sent to us to notify us of the approval.

2. We approved the quote for them on the backend, and as per no 1, they and us both get notification via email and link to the invoice.

I believe in v4 i and my client both received the notification, so i did not sure if this only my issues.

And just additional info, the email delivery function through “send email” on invoiceninja 5 works, only when converting quote to invoice or customers approved invoice, it didnt sent an email to me and my client

Hi,

You can enable a user notification email on Settings > User Details > Notifications. @david are clients sent an email?

Sorry I don’t understand your second point, are you unable to email an invoice/are you seeing an error?

Hi Hillel, after extensive digging, i found out that probably it has something to do with the cron job not being enabled?

Because i have enabled the “Settings > User Details > Notifications” side.

And, about the 2nd point, im just try to tell you that, by manually clicking “Email Invoice” or “Email Quote” email delivered without any issues.

So the issues is only on when the client click approve quote, or we our selves click “Convert to Invoice”, in this situation the email has not being delivered automatically.

So i suspect it has something to do with cron, which i have worked with my hosting provider, at first, the crontab has been blocked, so they allow me to use crontab. Now new issues arises, i got the following error in error_log

[03-Nov-2021 09:05:01 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8192 bytes) in /home/public_html/sub.mydomainhere/v5/vendor/livewire/livewire/src/Commands/PublishCommand.php on line 45
[03-Nov-2021 09:05:01 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in /home/public_html/sub.mydomainhere/v5/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Bootstrap/HandleExceptions.php on line 129

and this error is exactly matches the timing cronjob that i set for testing (5 minutes).

Im using ea-php80 with PHP limit, memory_limit has been set to 2048M

Laravel log is empty. So i didnt sure where the issues are. This surely pointed out that the cronjob cant run because somehow it exhausted the memory.

I installed using softaculous in cpanel shared hosting environment.

I suggest trying to increase the PHP memory limit

To how high?

I meant, its already 2048M

Until you stop seeing the error, or at least see a different error

I just realize something “33554432 bytes” is equal to 32M,

When i check the info.php, it seems the memory limit for local_value is 2048M but the master value is 32M.

I had contact my hosting provider to check on this.

1 Like

Hi @hillel i found out that the problem is on the cronjob set by softaculous. This is the one that softaculous set ;

cd /path/file/public_html/sub.domain.url/v5 && /opt/cpanel/ea-php80/root/usr/bin/php -d register_argc_argv=On artisan schedule:run >> /dev/null 2>&1

This one with “/opt/cpanel/ea-php80/root/” causes it to call php.ini which contain the master value of the PHP.

So to make the cronjob to call local_value the above needed to be remove to became this;

cd /path/file/public_html/sub.domain.url/v5 && /usr/bin/php -d register_argc_argv=On artisan schedule:run >> /dev/null 2>&1

Then the cronjob will run with the local_value. I wonder if you will update this to softaculous?

Thanks for the info! cc @david

admin notification for approved quotes is now in v5.3.32