Getting a "Location" tag on my invoice

I’m a new user trying to get things adapted to my company. I sell custom window coverings to homeowners and the first piece of information I want to have on the far left of each line item is “Location” (like Kitchen, for example), then the “Item” to the right of that, then “Description” to the right of that.
I’ve thought of just renaming “Item” as “Location”, but that doesn’t work because when creating a new invoice I need to be able to select products based on what they are, not where they are going. My customer needs to first identify what room of the house we’re addressing, then the general product, then the product description (based on the custom fabrics/features we selected).
I hope I’ve made this understandable and there a solution. Loving this product so far tho!!
Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Welcome!

Try adding a custom product field on Settings > Invoice Settings and then drag it to the top of the list on Settings > Invoice Design > Product Fields.

Thanks Hillel, thanks for the response. I had already tried to add that custom product field, but I don’t know how to input anything into that custom product field or have it show up on an invoice. It’s probably something simple, but I can’t figure it out…

Hmm… you should see a new column in the invoice items table and on the edit product form?

I got it figured out. Still getting used to this system. It seems like making changes to an initial selection sends the software into a tizzy. I was unable to email a quote (or subsequent invoice) to a client for no apparent reason, and another “Line Total” wouldn’t reflect the unit pricing I was entering in despite repeated efforts to correct the issue…sent me scurrying back to my paper invoices on that job. Hopefully these are just bugs that will resolve, as I’m loving the system when it works smoothly.
Thanks Hillel