French Swiss Tranlation

@cavetech

I’ve just tagged v5.6.18, let me know if you see any issues.

Hi @david

I tried to update right now and I got this error :
"FormatException: Unexpected character (at character 1)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

^".

Edit!!!
Forget about it! It worked now, but still in English.

I’m not sure what is happening for you. After the upgrade it appears for me.

Have you run /update?secret=

Hi.

I use the Windows app, do I need to do something to get it changed?

It should start working with the next release of the Windows app.

Hello.

I tried just to reinstall and it didn’t work.

But, I also tried to use it in the browser and it’s the same.

Are you using the React app? This will be included with the next release of the Flutter app.

Actually, I’m not sure if any changes are needed in the Flutter app. I suggest trying the React app to see if it works for you.

Yes… it’s working… I was in the Flutter app.

I use more the Windows app and the Androiid App… I need those working…
Thank you

Hi @david ,

About the translation… I did some changes in the file on transifex and downloaded the file and uploaded it to my server, but the changes I made are not appearing. Am I doing something wrong?

Are you using the React app? This will be included with the next release of the Flutter app.

Any news on that?
I have a lot of problems with the French translation, I need to change it to the Swiss French.

I still have the same problem, if I change the language to Swiss French, it’s the English and even when I change the FR file it doesn’t take place on the app.

I think I see the issue, @david I see fr_CH in the language file but I’m not seeing it in the static list of languages in the API response.

Hello there,

@david
Any news on this matter?

@cavetech

The CH files are there for me, are you using the react or flutter app?

have you run /update?secret=

Hello @david,

I use the Windows app and Android App, tried also the Flutter app… none works… The only one that works is the React app, but I really don’t like it.

When I change to FR_CH it goes on English.

Yes, I tried also the update…

I believe there’s a fix for this pending in the next version of the Flutter app.

Thanks.

What about the others?
How it works with the Windows app, because I don’t remember doing update on the app.

The Windows app should automatically update when a new version is available in the app Store.

1 Like

Hello there,

Now, the Swiss French is working fine. Thanks for that.

But I have a little problem, how the translation works?
I did a lot of changes on the transifex Website, but it’s not the same in my app. Do I need to download and put into the FTP? If yes, when I do an Update, does it go back to the previous version and I need to changed it again?
Or there’s a period to receive the file translated? I have some translations on transifex made 4 months ago.

Regards.

Your translations should be included the next time we update the language file.

The process is currently broken, we’re working to fix it.

1 Like