Exact dates for period of performance on recurring invoices

Hi!

We need to specify the period of performance on our invoices and I’ve found that there exist keywords like :MONTH or :YEARMONTH or :YEARMONTH-1 and so on.
This works nicely but now I have been told that we have to specify the exact dates on our invoices.

So for a monthly recurring invoice it should be e.g. “01.01.2023 - 31.01.2023”
And when the next invoice is created next month it should read “01.02.2023 - 28.02.2023”
And so on …

Is something like that possible within Invoice Ninja?
(Or do we have to define our own cronjob which updates the recurring invoices once a month?)

Hi

This isn’t supported as a variable but one option may be to add custom invoice fields and set the values.

And then have it updated monthly through a job that updates this field in the recurring_invoices table?
Or is there a simpler way? :thinking:

Maybe we’ll just implement it that way.
Thanks for your help!

Correct, @david do you have any thoughts?

This is a pretty specific scenario if you wish it to be 1st day of month → last day of month.

One obscure way of achieving this could be to do the following:

For your start date, ensure the start date is on the 1st, and have it due on the last day of the month.

You could then use

$date - $due_date

As your variables.

The only catch with this scenario is if your billing cycle does not match your service cycle.

1 Like

$date - $due_date is an interesting idea. That could work for us. I’ll keep that in mind, thank you! :slight_smile: