Error upgrading to 5.3.76

Trying to upgrade from 5.3.75 to 5.3.76 using the updater button in the web app. But it fails with message “server error”. Any suggestions how to solve this? Rather not download the source and overwrite the current installation with it. Thanks

Hi,

Are there any details about the error in storage/logs?

Hi

Here is the error from the logs:

[2022-03-27 05:46:11] production.ERROR: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 115343392 bytes) {“userId”:2,“exception”:"[object] (Symfony\Component\ErrorHandler\Error\FatalError(code: 0): Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 115343392 bytes) at /usr/share/nginx/invoiceninja/app/Http/Controllers/SelfUpdateController.php:103)
[stacktrace]
#0 {main}
"}

It should help to increase the PHP memory limit

Increase the RAM available to PHP by modifying /etc/php/7.4/fpm/php.ini and increase memory_limit to 512M. That is guessing you are on Ubuntu with NGINX. Reboot the system after or I think you can reload nginx and php7.4-fpm or something like that.

1 Like

Thanks. The update went through after increasing memory for PHP.

Hello…

I am also having problems updating to 5.4.9.

I get an error: Cannot update the system because .env is not writable. I’m ok getting my hands a little dirty ssh’ing to correct this if that will fix the update.

My php.ini is already 512M

Regards

Dj

Hi,

Please create a new post with the error you’re seeing and we’ll try to help.