Error Upgrading from Web Interface

Not sure…

Did you rollback and then upgrade or did it first fail on macOS and then work on web? Maybe it was running it a second time which helped?

It failed multiple times from the mac os app, and then when I tried the update from the web interface worked with no issues. I didn’t do any rollbacks.

Thanks for the details!

I can’t think of a reason why there would be a difference, they’re the same app making the same request. We’ll keep a lookout for more reports of this issue.

@david and @hillel

Trying to upgrade now from the web interface and i am getting the following error on the web interface

FormatException: SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected end of data at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data

and on the apache error:

[Thu Apr 28 14:22:20.509139 2022] [php7:error] [pid 1654] [client 10.1.1.70:64674] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32768 bytes) in /var/www/html/ninja5/vendor/symfony/error-handler/Error/FatalError.php on line 1, referer: https://in5.ghf.loc/

not sure if this related but it could be

on laravel.log nothing there, and after keep trying multiple times sometimes it allowes me to update

Thanks for the error details, have you tried increasing the PHP memory limit?

nope, where i can do this ? Is it something for invoice ninja, or general php ?

I am running php 7.4 on ubuntu 20.04.

Edit: I found it and updated and will watch. Thanks

Same problem here. What is the minimum memory requirment?

I have set it up to 256M

memory_limit = 256M

i had the same problem and for me it works to increase the php memory_limit.
it was 128M and I set it to 512M .

I suggest increasing the php memory_limit to at least 1G. I see RSS memory sizes of the upgrade process of over 512M regularly.