$entity in custom email template stays empty

Hello,

I am new to invoiceninja but try to create a custom email template.

I got everything working so far but one thing: $entity (thats supposed to translate into “invoice” or “reminder” as far as I know) just returns empty. When I tried to use “$entity_label” all I get in my final email is “_label” as my headline. I dont know how to correct this.

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" class="text_block block-4" role="presentation" style="mso-table-lspace: 0pt; mso-table-rspace: 0pt; word-break: break-word;" width="100%">
															<tr>
																<td class="pad" style="padding-bottom:10px;padding-left:40px;padding-right:40px;padding-top:10px;">
																	<div style="font-family: sans-serif">
																		<div class="" style="font-size: 12px; font-family: Montserrat, Trebuchet MS, Lucida Grande, Lucida Sans Unicode, Lucida Sans, Tahoma, sans-serif; mso-line-height-alt: 14.399999999999999px; color: #555555; line-height: 1.2;">
																			<p style="margin: 0; font-size: 16px; text-align: center; mso-line-height-alt: 19.2px;"><span style="font-size:30px;color:#2b303a;"><strong>$entity: $number</strong></span></p>
																		</div>
																	</div>
																</td>
															</tr>
														</table>

Bild_2023-04-21_191915992

Any help would be appreciated :smiley:

@Rhapsody

Did you resolve this by moving the label into the body?

I tried $entity in the body and it still does not work. $entity_label inside the body works though. There is a decrepancy to the doc’s that do not state $entity_label at all.

@Rhapsody

There are two components to the variable, the value ie 1000 and the label ie invoice number

for the $entity variable it is only there for a label, i’ll add in the ability to also use this as a value which should correct this issue for you.