Enable Autoupdate

Hey,
Would any one be able to help me setup Auto Update.
Ever since I setup Invoice ninja over a year ago its never auto updated. IDK if that something i have to setup?

Hi,

It isn’t currently supported, feel free to create an issue to request it.

I though invoice ninja did have an auto update. it was mentioned in previous forum posts. but its never done it for me.

:robot: Auto update doesn’t seem to work anymore? - Self-Hosted | v5 - Discourse (invoiceninja.com)

I guess it depends on how you define ‘auto update’.

The app supports clicking a button and having it update to the latest version, it doesn’t support automatically updating itself when new releases are available.

oh. kk.

Is there a way to get notified when there is an update available? I know in the flutter version it shows an icon on the bottom. but not the react version.
But is there a way to receive an email or some sort of notification when there is an update for invoice ninja?

Not currently, maybe this will help:

https://www.reddit.com/r/github/comments/5tk96y/any_way_to_monitor_releases_page/

thanks! was thinking of setting up something like change detector.

one other off topic question if you don’t mind?
Are there any plans to add SSO or SAML capabilities to the self-hosted version, we have most of our applications tied to our M365 or Authentik for Single-Sign-On. wanted to know if we can connect InvoiceNinja? Thanks!

Hosted /paid/premium version is managed and will “auto-update” @SecureCPU
Self hosted is like hillel said “sort of” auto-update. Meaning you will have to click the update button for it to start updating itself which makes sense because that allows you to backup (which you should), your instance before you run the update.

Kind regards

Here are some relevant links: