embed client portal availbe anytime from a new browser

This page says how to embed the client portal:
https://www.invoiceninja.com/custom-url-yourbrand-invoiceninja-com/

And this one says you can embed behind your own login on your website
https://www.invoiceninja.com/5-cool-and-unexpected-uses-of-invoice-ninja/

This is what I’d like to do, embed the client portal protected by the user login provided by zoho creator.

I’d like the portal to be an available anytime. I believe that if one self-hosts, they can use increase the duration of the session timer to a high enough value that is could be available anytime. Does just choosing the embed option in the hosted version also effect the session timer or otherwise help with this?

Also, it seems viewing an invoice from an email link with the 33 character invoice specific key, sets a cookie that starts a session and that without this cookie or the key, if a user tried to view the dashboard or list of invoices or list of payments that the user gets the session time out error. Of course, at the very least the system needs to know what client is using the portal. I’d like for my customers to be able to login my login system and view the invoice list (https://app.invoiceninja.com/client/invoices) even if they are on a device or browser that has not viewed an invoice with the 33 character key. How can this be done? What’s the easiest way to accomplish this?
One guess I had is that there’d be a way the capture and securely store in my login database the 33 character key for their most recently viewed invoice and then just load this invoice at login. However, this would mean they are always directed to an invoice they’ve already seen and likely already paid and not to the most recent invoice. And I’d really prefer the user to land of the page showing the list of invoices.
Of course if they just click the link in the invoice email, it would take them to the invoice, on a password protected page. I’m try to handle the case of the user simply login for the link on my website.
Thanks!

Choosing the ‘Website’ option on /settings/client_portal does not affect the session length.

This sounds like it would require custom changes to the code.

Here’s a non-coding solution, in case someone finds it useful. Within the settings of invoice ninja, one can add a bcc email address for all email sent to the clients. Use this option to send the emails to an email parsing service, whether you use an open source, self host option or one of the many free and paid saas mail parsers. Most these saas options offer webhook, api or built-in integrations for sending the parsed data. In this case, use the parser to extract the 33 charter key that is generated went an invoice is produced and emailed out. Use the integrations to add the key to your website login security database. Setup your website to load the page with the most recent invoice upon login, using this 33 charter key. Of coarse, if you prefer to load a different landing page, that works too, just setup the link into the invoice ninja client portal to load an invoice first, as this is what starts the session and prevents the session ended error.