Emails - second email sent with schedule as a reminder

Hey,
I’ve noticed a strange thing.

If I hit send email button, and email goes through - customer recieves an email - as “Initial email” (if this is the template I’ve selected)
But then next day (according to schedule in the system settings) email get’s send as a first reminder - and this is really annoying for clients =)

What can I do to pevent the second email sent by the system as a “First Reminder”. I think the system shouldn’t try to send a second email (with scheduler) if it was manually sent already. Instead it should wait for the threshold for the first reminder and then send it.

Hi,

If you’d like to see a change made in the app please create an issue on GitHub.

1 Like

Created a bug report - Emails sent by scheduler are sent as next reminder template · Issue #9162 · invoiceninja/invoiceninja · GitHub

I guess this is a version of the universe where DRAFT considered a completed, finished document. And invoice/quote in DRAFT state will be automatically emailed.

Any way to turn off email scheduler?

I am confused, can we clarify exactly the config here:

Are there reminders configured or does the invoice have a schedule set (Settings > Schedules)

No schedule:

Yes reminders:

Is the reminder being sent 14 days prior to the due date?

#1 - me sending the invoice when I created it. So when I finished the Draft, and considered it ready for client - I hit the “Send Email” button.
#2 - system sending the invoice second time, the following morning at 6:00AM (according to settings in “Email Settings”) but not as an Initial Email, instead, as a first reminder, that is supposed to go out 14 days prior to Due Date. Or 16 days after the Initial Email was sent (NET30 terms set).

As for reminders and if they actually work - I believe so:

It’s not clear from the log what exactly been sent by the system.

So…

what is it?