nothing in the logs. but it does show failed to send email on the activity and log on dashboard.
email server is fuctioning as it should.
here is the error i get on the email server without TLS:
the read operation failed. bytes transferred : 0 remote ip … an existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
here are is the error i get with TLS on.
performing ssl/tls handshake for session xxxxx. verify certificate: False
tcpconnection - tls/ssl handshake failed.
the env file settings do seem to change server, port, username, pw. but the encryption setting does not seem to have any effect.
is there a php package that might be missing? i copied the list of packages used in php7 and made sure they were present with php8.
email worked great before upgrading. using the same email server.
Which version did you upgrade from?
from where the email was working
started out at 5.3.73
went through the following versions each time running:
and also chown for www-data and chmod 755
then logged in each time also.
5.5.0 rc 1
5.5.22 — set php.ini memory_limit = 512M service php8.1-fpm restart
updated to php8.1 before starting updates.
@david do you have any suggestions?
Does your .env variables for your mail server look like this?
MAIL_HOST is a local network mail servers domain name (mail.myhost.net)
port is different
username and password are used. not null
when i set encryption to tls it tries to use tls
i looked back at log files on my email server back when it was working.
in comparison it does look like invoiceninja is NOT currently authenticating with my locally run email server.
(to clarify my email server is run on the same VM host hardware, different VM though)
i get the same response at the email server when i run:
i am not sure why but now it is working after changing .env values back to what i had.
the only thing i can think that might have changed anything was i ran:
which, for some reason entered manual payments “check” on a bunch of invoices. which i had to delete to bring the invoices back to being “unpaid”
there were three failures when i ran “artisan test” db queries raw 5 and the very last test. i thought i got a screen shot of it. but i did not.
ill run it on the “test update” server before i backup & destroy it.