Donations & Custom Amounts

Hey,
I wanted to know if there is a way or if there are plans to add a way to allow “donations”
I found the subscriptions tab, where I could create a product to either enter a “ONE TIME PURCHASES” or a subscription. But I wanted to know if I could make a one time purchase item where the client to enter in a custom amount, that way we could use it to collect donations.
I tried just entering $0 as the item price, but it just checked it out at 0 without letting the user enter a custom amount.

Would you have any feature like this available?

Basically, I would like to set up Invoice Ninja for a Non-Profit, But we would need a way to accept custom donations, I can do it with a WordPress plugin on the main site, but it would be 100% better if it went through Invoice Ninja and logged straight into the member’s account.

You can allow overpayments in Settings > Payment settings, this will enable the end user to select how much they wish to “pay”

you’ll need to set some kind of minimum however, so start with say $1 and then the rest is up to the end user.

It doesn’t let me do that when I create a one time purchase through subscription though.

I activated over payments. It allows when I create a regular invoice, but not the one time purchase through subscription.

@SecureCPU

Ah yes, through a one time subscription it would not work.

One option would be to create multiple different “donations” and then add them to a group, this would give the user an option at checkout to switch between the different subscriptions in the group…

ie.

1, 5, 10, 20 50 etc etc

Hey, Any chance you guys thought of adding a feature like this? To allow members to pay a custom donation amount of their choosing?

Actually, we are doing some refactoring around subscriptions which should be able to give you this functionality :slight_smile:

Awesome! Thank you so much!!!

Just curious, any guess when you think it will be ready?

@SecureCPU

I can’t give a timeline unfortunately, needless to say I have started work on it, and it will certainly be worth the wait!!

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you!!

@SecureCPU

You may be interested in v5.5.49

In this release we have expanded the functionality of subscriptions.

We offer the ability to add one time and recurring “Optional” products.

These products can also have quantity selector drop downs which you can control. This should suit your use case of donations and custom amounts.

There are a couple of easter eggs in this version.

1. Ability to show a preview image of the product on the overview page.

If you create a custom field for products, and use the First Product Custom field, you can enter the URL to the image… ie https://example.com/logo.png we will detect the url and show the image

1. Ability to set maximum quantities of optional products.

To give the ability for the client to select the quantity of products for purchase, use Product Custom Field 2, currently we support values up to 100 for this field.

Inventory management can be linked up to subscriptions so that if your inventory runs out, a out of stock banner will appear for the optional products and these won’t be able to be added to the cart.

Please note it is only alpha quality at the moment, and there is still some work to do, so please have a look and give any feedback.

To access this part of the app, you’ll want to copy the subscription link in the subscription overview and then add

/v2 to the end of the url

ie.

Regular subscription
http://ninja.test:8000/client/subscriptions/yMYerEdOBQ/purchase

New subscription
http://ninja.test:8000/client/subscriptions/yMYerEdOBQ/purchase/v2

2 Likes

Hey, Sorry I’m getting back to you so late.
I’m trying the /v2 version but it doesn’t work.

Also, is there a way to allow the client to add his own custom amount he wants to donate?

@SecureCPU

If this does not work for you we have in the works a customer initiated payment feature coming soon.

This will allow your client make payments direct without the need for an invoice from you first.

Awesome!
Thank you! I’ll be looking out for it.
Really appreciate all the works you guys do.