Difficulty upgrading from 2.6.8 to 2.6.9

That appears to have fixed the problem.

Ok, so I did as you requested and it stopped giving an error. I re-uploaded an image and all is working fine.

Thank you, Hillel. What do you think happened? It was an image file, you would think it would take something like a configuration corruption to cause such an error?

Kind regards,
Theo

I have no idea…

Maybe a permission issue?

Shouldn’t be, I didn’t change anything. I just went to the root and pasted in everything from the *.zip file. After you trouble-shot the image file as the source of the bug, I just deleted it using the dashboard and re-uploading it from the dashboard.

Thank you, I will keep testing to see if the next update goes a bit smoother. A little reluctant to suggest it to a client still. But the help-desk is helpful for sure.

Kind regards,
Theo

I had the exact same issue happen to me. I experienced it with 2.7.2 and as soon as I deleted the logo in the Settings the issue was resolved.

MichaelTunnell, glad to hear this worked for you.

Support Staff;

After seeing MichaelTunnell’s post, I relaunched my test environment. I upgraded from 2.6.9 to 2.7.2 and once again it didn’t upgrade successfully. I was unable to open certain areas of my dashboard without an error message. I followed the same instructions suggested by Hillel and deleting the image file in the company setup worked again.

I have been testing this software as a tool to offer customers. I am not saying this negativly or bashing the software, but I have had this testing environment setup for about 2 months and not one upgrade has gone smooth. *sad face.

Here are the steps I took in this upgrade:

• Downloaded .zip file and unpacked to my localhost environment, overwriting everything
• Logged into the dashboard and then added /update/ as instructed on the website

I then got the error message…

• To complete the install I had to remove the company image file and the error messages went away.

Hopefully this can be looked at a little harder as I am not the only one experiencing this now. Again, I have not had a single upgrade without incident to this date… here is hoping the next one goes smooth. It will greatly increase my confidence knowing that clients wont call me every single time there is an upgrade.

Thank you kindly and by no means is my message here intended to be insulting to the software. Just stating what has happened and continues to happen.

Thank you.

Due in part to the great variety in self host installs (web server, permissions, etc) we find it extremely difficult to create new releases without problems. We try to fix issues as quickly as possible but it seems likely we’ll continue to see problems with future releases. To reduce issues when upgrading we’d advise staying one major version behind.

The only real issue I’ve experienced is the logo permissions problem and everything else is solid or beyond expectation. I don’t mind deleting and reuploading an image every now and then if that’s all that is needed. :slight_smile:

Next time, I am going to test permissions of what it is now and if it happens again I will try to fix it on the permission level rather than deleting and reuploading. This way we can isolate the culprit better.

Thank you for the update. Thank you for the responses, I understand that nothing is 100% and moving forward will always have its growing pains.

MichaelTunnell, or anyone else, please report your findings in the future and I shall do the same. Maybe we can nip this one in the butt.

To the team who make InvoiceNinja. I just wanted to say “thank you for the upgrades, the latest dashboard looks very nice” – Great work.

Thank you.

Thanks, that’s nice to hear!