Date Logic (auto incrementing year when arithmetic applied to month)

I’ve read the basic date variable documentation for using :MONTH :YEAR or having simple arithmetic applied to :MONTH+1 for example.

However, what happens if :MONTH+X equals a date next year, e.g.

Today is September 30, 2020. Send an invoice out with meta data in a description / product line / custom field that would describe to the end client that they are paying for a product for the next two quarters. I.e. October 2020 through March 2021.

Product End Date = (:MONTH+6 :YEAR) will not yield (March 2021), instead it would increment month by six but not account that year should be incremented.

Is there notation to include logical tests, like if/else? Else, how can we think about this? Is this use-case supported?

This is a limitation of the current design, we plan to solve this in v5

Hillel - any updates on this? How do find out what version the hosted platform is on? I browsed around on our login and couldn’t find information on this.

The hosted platform is running v4, we hope to upgrade to v5 in a few months

I don’t think this is solved yet in v5 but we plan to fix it

So, “plan to fix it” is a recurring meme now? I read this in several posts here, where many users are requesting a solution for the exact same problem. Why exactly are you ignoring this particular problem? Why are you not admitting that this MONTH YEAR case is a bug that needs to be fixed and not an optional feature? Where’s the sense in having a MONTH macro with ± modifier when there’s no way of modifying the corresponding year as well?
Do you think the users are insane? Don’t you understand that’s neither you nor the users that need these requirements, but the corresponding tax authorities? And that’s something called “the law”.

Perhaps you should add “This software is not intended for germans” on the website …

Sorry for the rant, but we just had to do a bunch of invoices manually because of this macro mess and I noticed several incredibly stupid bugs with Invoice Ninja so far, where it just doesn’t work with german tax law :frowning: