Creating Invoices

I just signed up for the Invoice ninja Pro plan, and tried sending a test invoice to see how it all works but i’m having persistent issues with the invoice creation and processing.

• first, when creating the invoice, I can’t preview it directly. It keeps auto downloading pdf’s of the unfinished invoice on my P.C.
  • When I try to view as recipient, I get redirected to a blank invoice page, with an auto download of invoice in pdf format.
  • I can’t apply the invoice or email template I would like to.

For some reason, every thing just seems to be dis-functional for me, or am I missing something?
I need urgent help on this!

Are you using Firefox? It sounds like your browser is set to auto-download PDFs.

Check your settings for PDFs in Preferences in the Applications tab. This page has some troubleshooting steps: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/view-pdf-files-firefox-without-downloading-them.

To force the application to view PDFs inline use the following link https://app.invoiceninja.com/force_inline_pdf (note: this will use a JavaScript renderer which isn’t as good as the one built into Firefox).

Let us know if this doesn’t resolve your problem.

I appreciate the quick response! I’m looking into it straight away.

All good now. Thanks!

Good to hear, thanks for letting us know.

I’m sorry for reviving such an old thread but it took me a while to find the solution so here it is for quicker reference:

Disable the built-in PDF viewer and use another viewer

You can also set a different third-party PDF viewer to handle PDF files, instead of Firefox’s built-in PDF viewer. To switch from using the built-in PDF viewer to another viewer:

1. Click the menu button and select Settings.
  2. In the General panel, go down to the Applications section.
  3. Find Portable Document Format (PDF) in the list and click on the entry to select it.
  4. Click on the arrow under the Action column for the above entry and select the PDF viewer you wish to use from the drop-down menu.