Convert Gmail Login to New Account

I have been using InvoiceNinja for a few weeks now (all I can say is WOW!). But I am using the login with Gmail option. It prompts me every time to allow login. I would like to create a new account directly in InvoiceNinja, but I want to know how I can migrate everything over and not lose what I have.

I hope this makes sense, and I appreciate any insight you can give.

Thanks, that’s great to hear :slight_smile:

If you have an existing account you can enable an email/password login by using the ‘Recover password’ link on the login screen.

If you want to create a new account if you’re self hosting you can use mysqldump to transfer the data, if your’re using the hosted platform then you can use the JSON import/export.

Hillel, thank you for the speedy reply, especially on the weekend.

So are you saying, I should create a new account (I am using the free hosted version for now), and then request a recover password? I plan to use the same gmail account email for the new account, so hopefully that will carry everything over.

Yes, no?

I suggest using incognito mode or another browser to get to the login page and send a ‘Recover password’ email.

Hillel,

OK, apparently I need more coffee. I did the lost password reset and now I am logged in and all my data is there. Thank you for your help! A few more clients and I will be upgrading to the Pro version!

Keep up the great work!