Client Statements

Hi Support,

I would like to know if there are any plans to incorporate client statements into the product. Currently, the client is able to log on to his/her profile and see history, but will there be a default client statement report which can be generated?

Regards
Kevin

This isn’t currently planned but we’ll keep it in mind for the future.

Hi there Dave,

Unfortunately no I didn’t. Sorry to do this on this thread, but we had to find a different application to get what we required. A bit unnecessary for something that should’ve been included in the first place.

Regards
Kevin

If you could send a sample of what you’re looking for to contact@invoiceninja.com it would be helpful.

Would you want this in the admin section, the client portal or both?

Thanks for the info!

Would this be in the admin section or the client portal?

Thanks for the info, we’ll keep it in mind for the future.

> For example, same header and footer as an invoice but with an itemised list showing:
>
>DATE – INVOICE NUMBER – AMOUNT
>
>And with a total outstanding balance at the end.

That’s almost exactly what I was looking for, for one of my clients.

Here is a fake sample statement similar to what I would like to have. I included an Aging Table at the bottom as well. This report could just be a PDF that attaches to an email.

http://i.imgur.com/aJPSvgd.jpg

Thanks, that’s helpful!

First off, let me say this… I just found invoiceninja last evening after a rather lengthy hunt for a billing solution that would meet my recurring billing needs, offer reporting good enough that I can do monthly journal entries in my accounting… and would be self hosted. I feel like I found a real gem, and am probably going to switch; if I do, I will certainly support the project financially. I was especially blown away with the job timer. Keep up the great work!

I second the request for automated emailable customer statements, and would like to add one more feature request to this: the ability to automatically compound monthly service charges for overdue balances. Some customers just need that kind of wakeup call before they pay! This should have some flexible options – i.e. how long overdue til SC kicks in, the percentage of course, etc.

My idea is that another invoice could be generated with the service charge (sequence number starting with FC, or similar); and this invoice would then be added to the statement before emailing. This would allow an admin to easily reverse the service charge by deleting the FC invoice if the need arises.

Thanks for the feedback, we’ll consider your suggestions for a future release.

Any update on this request?

"I second the request for automated emailable customer statements, and would like to add one more feature request to this: the ability to automatically compound monthly service charges for overdue balances. Some customers just need that kind of wakeup call before they pay! This should have some flexible options — i.e. how long overdue til SC kicks in, the percentage of course, etc.

My idea is that another invoice could be generated with the service charge (sequence number starting with FC, or similar); and this invoice would then be added to the statement before emailing. This would allow an admin to easily reverse the service charge by deleting the FC invoice if the need arises."

Agreed. This would be an amazing feature to have. Invoice Ninja is already an awesome product, but this would make it even better.

Sorry, no update.

I’ve added the feature to our Trello board

https://trello.com/c/nyzaKuZI/121-client-account-statements

Hi,
Can you also please group the invoices by project , this is one my clients requirements :slight_smile:

Currently only tasks can be assigned to projects.

Do you mean you’d like to see the invoices grouped by their tasks projects?

Hi,

Yes, Reason: I have client that have clients. He need to know what tasks (invoices) need to go to which client so he can bill them accordingly. Even if its just sorted by project (and display project name) it will be fine

L:

@karman your question has nothing to do with “Client Statements” and therefore should be created in a completely new thread. This is to avoid clutter and keep conversations organized. I’d ask that a moderator move this to a new thread or karman do so themselves.

@MichaelTunnell

Actually it does. I need to see the project on the customer statements. It might be an extension to statements, but while they developing it its simpler to add it now than do it later on

L:

Is there a way to do detailed client statements, to show what the invoices were for? My clients like the detailed to see what their balances are, and what the invoices were for, because we don’t send out invoices every day.