Client Portal unable to view or download PDF, spinning red-black circle

I hadn’t noticed. I have the same thing. From 1024 px, the “page not found” error appears

Please, could you tell us if a fix should be applied in a future version?

Yes, we’re working to improve this for a future release.

1 Like

Please let us know if you see any difference in v5.7.24

Thank you - as soon as it’s available to install via Softaculous I will backup, update, and test again.

The update did not fix the problem for me.
Should we re-edit the livewire.php file with this version?

@david @ben is livewire still being used?

Livewire is still being used. We plan to upgrade to Livewire 3, so this particular issue will disappear once we have completed that upgrade.

2 Likes

Do you have a forecast date for this upgrade?

No improvement on my part besides not seeing an error 404 and now the black and red wheels are spinning (which I wasn’t seeing before).
Can still view the invoice when the screen is reduced.

Hello, I just wanted to let everyone know this issue still exists in version 5.7.33.

Hello, I am experiencing the same spinning circle on pc and Android. I reviewed all of the guidance above. I have done nothing (yet) with Livewire. I have Client Console turned-off. When I trigger an invoice it does include an accurate pdf to the recipient. I will mention something that I also see in hopes that it rings a bell for someone. That email with the pdf has the “Download PDF” button that does not work–pressing it seems to do nothing on Android but causes the black/red spinning circle on pc. Pressing the “Download PDF” causes it to search for the pdf document. However, I do not have these folders in public: /public/client/invoice (I do have /public). I searched within my Ninja folder and cannot locate the folders or the long file that is referenced. I imagine this is the cause for the red/black spinning circle while it hunts for the non-existent file in the non-existent folder structure. Any guidance appreciated. Thanks.

Thank you for the clarification. Do you have a planned date for this upgrade?

Hi everyone,

Was someone able to fix this perhaps, while self-hosting, without root access? I am willing to try anything. I updated to 5.7.48.

Thank you very much.

Hello, I upgraded mine to 5.7.48 this morning and confirmed the red-black spinning circle and inability to download PDF of invoice from client portal is still happening. Cleared cache and tried two different browsers as part of normal testing.

Since no real solution has been proposed since the start of this thread, I worked around the problem by migrating to a subdomain, following these steps: Data migration to another server - #6 by Gerasimos

Hello folks, can I receive any information about an expected implementation of a fix to be able to run Invoice Ninja in a subdirectory as it once did?

I’m not sure which version it stopped working, but it has created a cashflow issue for me since my clients can’t view their invoices online. Here’s the deal : even though I have the invoice attached as a PDF to the original email, my clients click on the View Invoice link in the email, which results in directing them to my website/invoiceninja folder, and presents them with a red/black spinning circle. Since they can’t see the invoice, the impression they get is that my invoicing software is broken and they won’t be able to pay me online. They close the window, the invoice goes unpaid, I then later have to burn more time tracking them down to get paid for work I’ve already done. I have coached people around this embarrassing problem multiple times with the same results and the bottom line is I need to be able to have a reliable solution for invoicing my clients.

The Invoice Ninja software is installed and updated on my webhost via cPanel and the Softaculous installer, which by default installs Invoice Ninja into a subdirectory. This is the default setting, which results in failure to view PDF invoices, quotes, etc. in the customer portal.

I understand that the software will probably work if I migrate it to a subdomain. This will force me to purchase a SSL certificate since I will no longer be able to piggy-back on the “complementary” one that comes with cPanel.

I understand that once the developers move to livewire 3.0, this problem may go away - however there has been no mention despite asking if it has been planned.

I have also requested if there is an “official” place I need to report this issue in order to get it resolved.

I understand this is the community-edition of the software which comes with no support and no guarantees, etc… any guidance to help me make a decision is highly appreciated.

Thank you to walma @walma for giving the good example of the workaround (not a fix). My system is working now.

I would think that many people who installed through Softaculous had this problem, and have abandoned the software by now. Previously, I installed on quite a few domains in normal directories without problems, but this time it was different.

I could follow walma’s example, but instead creating a sub domain, installing IN in the root of that domain, and then editing the .env file.

So instead of hosting IN at https://mydomain.com/invoicing/ I now host it at https://invoices.mydomain.com/

That way, I also did not have to create new databases or copy the database.

I used Softaculous to install IN at the new subdomain, still adding as much information as possible during installation, like smtp server etc.

Then I edited the new .env file in on the new installation.

Example of things I changed and got from the previous installation’s .env file

APP_KEY=base64:whateveritisin_oldinstall

DB_DATABASE=“old database name”
DB_USERNAME=“old database username”
DB_PASSWORD=“old database password”

UPDATE_SECRET=oldsecret

There were a few other settings I had that were not in the new .env file, that I perhaps do not need any more, but I added them in the new .env anyway.

@epeterspcs I understand that my hosting might not be the same as yours, but I get free SSL certificates in Cpanel, by going to Security—> SSL/TLS Status. There I click on a domain and click “Run AutoSSL”. I know not hosting companies do not have the same features in Cpanel, but I did not know about this for a long time.

Thank you to everyone.

With pleasure snoopy! I’m glad I could help.
With my Cpanel, I can also add unlimited SSL certificates, I’m surprised that this is not the case for others.

Having the same issue since 3 months ago with softaculous install in a subfolder

check out this resource

https://medium.com/@alamin.mashar/deploying-laravel-10-livewire-2-0-with-msql-on-cpanel-6c7fb7e6d1d3