Client login error

Good day,

When i try to login as a client by visiting “invoice_ninja_install/client/login” I get the error “Whoops, looks like something went wrong.” I’m not sure when it started from since I don’t normally have client logins. I can provide debug info if requested. This is a self hosted white labeled installation.

Any time you get a “Whoops, looks like something went wrong” page, there should be a corresponding error in /ninja/storage/logs/laravel-error.log

Thanks Titanfail!

A useful tip is if you’re logged-in you can use /error (or /public/error) to check the logs in the browser.

Hi guys. Thanks for taking time to help. Let me apologize for the late response. I spent the last 2 days trying to figure out why my ‘laravel-error.log’ is missing, and recreating the “Whoops, looks like something went wrong.” error to get it recorded to the log file I created manually. I get the error but nothing is recorder to the log file. I am lost as to what’s happening. Invoice Ninja works normally from the admin end. Also if I try to visit /error (or /public/error) I get “Sorry, the page you are looking for could not be found.”

Sorry, it /errors or /public/errors (‘s’ at the end)

Thanks Hillel. I get ‘There are no errors’ when i visit ‘/errors’. ‘/public/errors’ doesn’t work for me in this case.

@Hillel: your and @Titanfail’s replies are the reason I hang out in this forum, I get so much information from reading your comments that I keep it all bundled for later.

Is there some documentation about all your comments or is this Laravel related?

Any idea on what is causing my client portal to not work? Please note that I have no problem viewing client portals when I click ‘View in Portal’ on the admin side.

Sorry I’m not sure, if you see “Whoops…” there should be more details in the error log.

One option is to enable APP_DEBUG in the .env file however we don’t advise enabling this setting in production as it can leak secure credentials.

Can you check the website url? Is there maybe a double ‘/’ in it?

Thanks Hillel, I enabled debugging to see what I get when I login to /client/login I get “Account not resolved in client login /REDACTED/public_html/inv/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Application.php#940” as an Exception and
“errors::500 (vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Exceptions/views/500.blade.php)
errors::layout (vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Exceptions/views/layout.blade.php)” as Views

Thanks Randy, there are no double ‘/’ in the URL.

If you have multiple companies you need to use the URL from Settings > Client Portal which includes the account_key query param

Yesss! That was the issues. I added a new company a few weeks ago but I didn’t think that the Client Portal URL would have to differentiate between the 2 somehow. The ‘account_key query param’ in the URL does that. Hillel, you helped me once again. Thank you for your outstanding dedication. One last question, how is version 2.0 coming?

Glad to hear it :slight_smile:

v2 is coming along great, we hope to have an alpha release in one or two months.

Very good, I’m looking forward to it.