Change label NAME to COMPANY NAME

We need to change the label for NAME to COMPANY NAME. It is causing confusion when clients self register, and when our staff enter new clients. They see NAME and think it means enter their name and not the company name. How can I change this so everywhere shows COMPANY NAME instead of NAME?

Hi,

You may be able to set a custom label on Settings > Localization > Custom Labels

I tried setting that but cannot get it to work. I set “name” to Company Name and nothing changed.

Looks like it does change the label on pdfs and client registration page… just not the actual label in the app itself.

By ‘app’ do you mean the admin portal or the client portal?

The translations only affect the PDF and client portal.

I think what he is referring to is same question that I have and this is In invoice Ninja itself. When a new Client registers there is a First Name, Last name option and then just a “Name” option. That “Name” is client/company name. But clients get confused. So a solution is to change that “Name” to “Company Name” but I was also not able to find a solution for this. Like he mentioned on invoices this works 100%, but in Invoice Ninja itself it does not.

Have you tried setting a custom label on Settings > Localization > Custom Labels

What is being referred to is this:

Where the “Name” is the Business or Company Name. I have search and have not found a way to do this under Custom Label. It confuses clients when they fill out the register form

@david can you please advise?

Hi there.

Any Possible updates on this? :slight_smile:

Thanx

@david can you please advise?

@hillel

Doesn’t this just require creating a custom label for name and changing it to company name?

1 Like

I would think so but I already suggested it above.

1 Like

After troubleshooting the same issue I found the solution was to set the label “name” to “Company name”. It only works with lowercase. Documents below: