Business template - Letter size formatting error "line tot" (total gets cut off)

Hi,

I’m using the self-hosted version of invoice ninja, v.4.5.10. I couldn’t find any relevent laravel-error.log errors.

When I select Letter for the page size, the right margin width is set larger than what it is for line items. So, the orange invoice # box formats fine to the wider margin, but the blue header ends up cutting off the “Line Total” to “Line Tot”, and it looks like the balance due line also has the wider margin width, although the amount is not cut off.

This is a clean installation, and I have only entered business information, logo, payment gateway & my first couple invoices.

Any suggestions how I might go about fixing this formatting error? If I set the page size to A4, the formatting error goes away, but I need to use Letter size.

I can post a screen shot if that helps, just let me know where I should upload the image, thx!

Thanks so much!

The invoice designs are optimized for A4, if you change the page size you’d need to create a custom to design to fix alignment problems.

You can also submit a request here for help:

https://boldcompass.com/customize-invoice-ninja/

With a bit of fiddling, here’s the two formatting changes required to make the template compatible with Letter sized pages:

Under Customize Design–>Content
navigate the folder tree to change the following two “w” values:

array–>2–>canvas–>0–> set w to a value of 531
array–>4–>columns–>1–>stack–>1–>canvas–>0–> set w to a value of 205

that’s about all that seems needed,
hope it’s helpful to others,
thx!

Awesome, thanks for sharing the solution!

@madumi Thank you so much for posting this info, it worked perfectly.

Just a quick update to say I noticed the native “business template” formatting on Letter sized pages forced the invoice date line on to a second line (insufficient space). Here’s the fix I put in place to extend the invoice date line sufficiently:
I’ll put it together with the fix for the “line total” problem so both fixes are below:

( @jmadrone )

Letter sized pages:

Under Customize Design–>Content
navigate the folder tree to change the following four values:

array–>2–>canvas–>0–> set w to a value of 531
array–>4–>columns–>1–>stack–>1–>canvas–>0–> set w to a value of 205
array->1->columns->1->canvas->0->set w to a value of 191
array->1->columns->2->table->widths->set 1 to a value of 86

That’s awesome, thanks for sharing the fix!