Beta 5 500: Error: { "message": "Server Error" }

Hello Invoice Ninja Forum! I recently have gotten the beta 5 software installed on my cpanel. I got through the set up but then after getting all the login info set up I am getting a server error. The error is listed below.

500: Error: {
“message”: “Server Error”
}

I did see that someone back in February had a similar issue on here. I thought it might be the .env file but as far as I can tell that file is configured correctly. I had another developer look at the issue and they said that the error is coming from the application, and that its not logging any data to explain the reason for the error. Any help or insight is much appreciated!

Hi,

Thanks for trying out the beta!

Can you please check in storage/logs/laravel-error.log for more details about the error?

If there are no errors in the logs, then most likely it is a permissions issue. Ensure your directories are read/writable by the webuser.

Here are there error from the file, I can post the whole thing if need be but figured would start with this one.

[2020-11-12 15:20:10] production.ERROR: ErrorException [0] : /home/emglob5/public_html/invoice/app/Models/Account.php [Line 1126] => Unparenthesized a ? b : c ?: d is deprecated. Use either (a ? b : c) ?: d or a ? b : (c ?: d) {“context”:“PHP”,“user_id”:0,“account_id”:0,“user_name”:"",“method”:“GET”,“user_agent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/86.0.4240.193 Safari/537.36 Edg/86.0.622.68”,“locale”:“en”,“ip”:"",“count”:2,“is_console”:“no”,“is_api”:“no”,“db_server”:“mysql”,“url”:"/"} []

This looks like PHP issue. What version are you using?

You can run this command to find out:

php -v