Article-name and -description in same column

Hi @ all,

is it possible to create an invoice-design where the article-/task-name and the -description are printed in the same column of the table?

Hi,

@david is this possible with the new templates feature?

I didn’t mention: This generally works with the new templates-feature, but in lack of a handbook or other complete documentation it’s too hard for me to create a working template. :frowning:

Certainly possible, @Schmitti have you seen the docs on templates here?

I’ve included starter samples, and also a long form Youtube video showing how to create a full template from scratch.

If there is something missing from the docs that does not show how to achieve something, let me know and i’ll make sure to update it.

I watched the full-template-from-scratch-video but honestly it’s like only scratching on the surface for me.

At some point the ninja-“block” doesn’t work with my codings anymore. Maybe it’s because I create more than only one tables with -sections or it’s because I took my own design (it’s a fork of the clean design). I don’t know. When I take a look on my docker-server, at some point there are a lot of chromium-processes going on that are completely slowing down the creation of the pdf. And – as in the “scratch”-video sometimes – then there’s always the failure-pop-up at the upper of the window: “Something went wrong”. Yeah, but what? :smiley:

And I’m curious about the header- and footer-tabs in the editor. It seems that there must be a predetermined html-structure within the editor (like in the other designs). For me it looks like when creating a complete new template as in the “from-scratch”-video that there’s a html-code within another html-code. Like:

<html>
<head>
<style>
[Here's the code from the "includes"-tab]
</style>
</head>

<table>
<thead>
[Here's the code from the "header"-tab]
</thead>

<body>
(and then we create)
<!doctype html>
<html>
(…)
<ninja>
(…)
</html>
(and so on)
</body>
</html>

So for me the frontend gives me the intuition that I’m coding within a preset code. I hope you can understand what I try to say. Sorry, it’s very difficult for me to find the right words.

I think there should be one complete manual which teaches us users step by step the whole systematic framework for building templates, designs etc. But I know, that’s not an easy job to do – exspecially when there’s so much code-work to be done. But creating one handbook with all the needed information to set up one’s own design/template would be awesome. If there become new variables or custom-fields to be used, those could be linked to another page. But like on a mind-map there must be one central document from which every information can be reached.

Oh, I think that sounds not as nice as it should sound. I’m sorry – exspecially in general. There is so much (sometimes subtile) criticism in my postings, but I’m not a developer, just an IT-technician. I wish my words could be more humble, but English is not my first language. It’s sometimes a little struggle to find the right words, when it’s getting technically. I know you are doing a great job as you work here on an open-source-project which is free for everyone to use. So at this point I want to let you in generally know that I really appriciate your work and your enthusiasm and the fact, that you always answer my questions!

Enough for now. I’m gonna read those other links you’ve posted.

Thanks and no offense!

PS: Damn, the templates-manual on Free Source Available Invoicing, Expenses & Time-Tracking | Invoice Ninja ain’t so bad! Sorry, I didn’t find this page before. I’m trying to come along with it – we’ll see. :smiley:

Hey ya!

It’s getting more and more confusing!

I tried to copy and paste 2 templates from the templates-manual-website into the same new created template. And funny: after I deleted the first code (which worked) I got a failure-message. Even the pdf-preview wasn’t recreated. And pasting the second code didn’t change anything.

Somehow I think it might be a problem by using a mariaDB-SQL-Container instead of MySQL, can’t it be?