Amending the php language files

Hi all,

I hope this is an easy one and I’m just missing something obvious.

I need to change a couple of the phrases shown in Invoice Ninja - one of the major ones being the word “Invoices” to be replaced by the word “Orders”. I mistakingly thought I could open up the en or en_GB texts.php file and make the amendment in there. For some reason I can make the amendments and save the file back onto the server but the amended phrases do not show in Invoice Ninja. I have tried clearing the cache but to no avail. When I check the texts.php file the amendments are still in there. What am I doing wrong? I can change an entire language without issue and change it back but just not individual phrases. Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Graeme

Hi,

If you add custom labels on Settings > Localization it will update the text in the PDF and client portal. To change the text in the admin portal would require rebuilding the app.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

If I was to supply a fully translated texts.php file where basically I change the word Invoice to Order on all relevant lines, would it be possible to add that to the language respositories as an extra language please?

Regards

Graeme

Currently adding a language to the app requires including all of the words so we’re reluctant to add new languages. In the future we plan to support adding languages where just a few words are different.

Hi Hillel.

If I understand you correctly, editing texts.php does not work anymore? So the only option is to use Transifex and wait for the next app update?

Does every app update include the latest Transifex modifications?

Thank you
Br,
Dali

Yes, that’s correct.

Most but not all.