Am I the only one feel this poor services?

I feel so annoyed with the response I am not getting for what I am coming across

I have issues with Email! And it is being dragged, dragged & dragged and I am tired now!

I badly want to get it right. It was working well and suddenly stopped working. Please try to give concern on this

Hi,

Can you please post a link to the issue you’re referring to?

Thanks, have you seen the info here?

@david do you have any suggestions?

Thanks for the information, this information was shared before and I obtained from the official document and checked it several times. Even after setting it exactly, it doesn’t work… what is next?
’

Are you seeing any errors in storage/logs or in the system logs on the app dashboard?

Also, what is queue value set to in the .env file?

APP_NAME=“Invoice Ninja”
APP_ENV=production
APP_KEY=REDACTED
APP_DEBUG=“true”

APP_URL=“URL”

DB_CONNECTION=“mysql”
MULTI_DB_ENABLED=false

DB_HOST=“localhost”
DB_DATABASE=“REDACTED”
DB_USERNAME=“REDACTED”
DB_PASSWORD=“REDACTED”
DB_PORT=“3306”

DEMO_MODE=false

BROADCAST_DRIVER=log
LOG_CHANNEL=stack
CACHE_DRIVER=file
QUEUE_CONNECTION=sync
SESSION_DRIVER=file
SESSION_LIFETIME=120

REDIS_HOST=127.0.0.1
REDIS_PASSWORD=null
REDIS_PORT=6379

MAIL_MAILER=“smtp”
MAIL_HOST=mail.mydomain.ext
MAIL_PORT=587
MAIL_USERNAME=“myemail”
MAIL_PASSWORD=“mypassword”
MAIL_ENCRYPTION=tls
MAIL_FROM_ADDRESS=“myemail”
MAIL_FROM_NAME=“orgname”

POSTMARK_API_TOKEN=
REQUIRE_HTTPS=“true”

GOOGLE_MAPS_API_KEY=
ERROR_EMAIL=
TRUSTED_PROXIES=

NINJA_ENVIRONMENT=“selfhost”

#options - snappdf / phantom / hosted_ninja
PDF_GENERATOR=hosted_ninja

PHANTOMJS_KEY=‘a-demo-key-with-low-quota-per-ip-address’
PHANTOMJS_SECRET=secret

UPDATE_SECRET=dlrjjn

DELETE_PDF_DAYS=60
DELETE_BACKUP_DAYS=60

COMPOSER_AUTH=‘{“github-oauth”: {“github.com”: “${{ secrets.GITHUB_TOKEN }}”}}’

GOOGLE_PLAY_PACKAGE_NAME=
APPSTORE_PASSWORD=

MICROSOFT_CLIENT_ID=
MICROSOFT_CLIENT_SECRET=
MICROSOFT_REDIRECT_URI=

APPLE_CLIENT_ID=
APPLE_CLIENT_SECRET=
APPLE_REDIRECT_URI=

We don’t recommend sharing the entire .env file, I’ve hidden the database password.

Are you seeing any errors in storage/logs or in the system logs on the app dashboard?

Not as such related to emails…the strange thing is we sent emails earlier to clients and it worked well… suddenly it stoped working

Ok, @david may have some more suggestions

Note: it may help to check you’re running the latest version

v5.5.83-C109 this is the version

The latest version is v5.5.97

https://www.invoiceninja.org

Can you send me a link how to update the version from scratch … pls

What changed on your system when the emails stopped working? Was it an upgrade? A configuration change?

The most information you can provide, the better the quality of the response we can provide you.

In order to assist best, when asking for support always include the following:

Any errors found in storage/logs/larvel.log
Any messages found in the Activities tab on the Dashboard concerning emails
Any messages found in the System Logs on the Dashboard concerning emails

1. I neither upgrade nor any configuration changed
    Note: In the first instance the emails were sent successfully and then I thought of purchasing the license
  2. No errors were found in the storage (enlighten me how those errors will look like)
  3. Note: When I am initiating a mail it says successful qued for sending and it also appears in the activity as the email is being sent

Is there any way we can create a support ticket and let you all have our settings checked by you. We don’t mind paying for that super services

@Delshed

As mentioned above, the location of the log files is in storage/logs/laravel.log When you open the file , there may be errors that indicate the issue with emails if they are failing inside the application.

Also as mentioned above, you haven’t advised if there were any messages in the activities / system logs tab on the dashboard.

We do not provide a service where we log onto self hosted installations.

I already told you David… I already answered you! And I have nothing to answer beyond that than gulping my frustration… and poor client services

It sounds like the emails might be successfully sent from invoiceninja but then either get stuck in the servers email queue or flagged as spam by the receiver.

Check your server’s mail queue/log to see if anything is stuck or try a simple script to see if anything arrives.

<?php
# mailcheck.php

$to = "your@emailaddress.com";
$subject = "Hi!";
$body = "Hi,\n\nHow are you?";
if (mail($to, $subject, $body)) {
 echo("<p>Email successfully sent!</p>");
} else {
 echo("<p>Email delivery failed…</p>");
}
?>

I have(had) a similar issue with one particular client, in my case, my emails were getting filtered as spam on their end (O365 system) - but others were able to receive my message. Turns out I didn’t have proper DKIM/SPF setup correct for my mail server/forwarder, and it was getting flagged by MS as spam, and sent to quarantine (which no one monitored).

Once I fixed those records, they were able to receive my messages.

HTH.

Eric.

1 Like