Adding Notes to Custom CSS

Want to add some hashtag comments into the Client Portal CustomCSS so I can better keep track of the customization I’ve made. I know it’s no big deal in a typical CSS file but not sure about when putting it into the Settings/Client Portal/Custom CSS tab

Thanks in advance, probably a silly question (fairly sure I can no problem) but I didn’t want to do it and end up with gremlins I couldn’t track down later :wink:

Thanks as always, keep up the great work!

I don’t think it will work. We use HTML Purifier to sanitize the CSS, it strips out all comments.

Actually, we only sanitize the CSS on invoiceninja.com. If you’re self hosting you should be able to add comments using /* comment */

ok perfect, as always thanks for the swift response!

Oh I wanted to add that I’m unable to change the icons in the dashboard for invoice, paid, open balance via Custom CSS in setting. I just like them a different color and shape, I ended up having to edit dashboard.blade.php manually vs putting it in the custom CSS location in settings. Not sure if this is on purpose or not, but i would prefer to put all custom CSS into that location to make updates easier.

Thanks!

They’re image files so I don’t think you’d be able to change them using CSS.

Ya, but they are transparent so I was able to change the background color and the border-radius (make it more squared). But I had to change line 94 on /resources/views/invited/dasboard.blade.php to do so. Additionally I wanted to increase the text size and font-weight on the “amount total” to 400 from 300 in the same file on line 61.

Not sure if your just not able to modify anything on the dashboard or if they don’t contain CSS but just php. It’s not too big of a deal but thought I would mention it. Everything else was able to easily be added to the custom CSS.

P.S I had no issue on self-hosting using the /* comment */ recommendation, works like a champ, thanks.

Thanks for your feedback, we’ll keep it in mind for the future.

Maybe we could make the client portal skinnable?

That would be great! But I wouldn’t say a top priority. You can do quite a bit already with the Custom CSS option in settings. I was just surprised to see that I couldn’t make changes to the client Dashboard from within the same place.

P.S. Looking forward to the calendar view! Perhaps we are inching towards scheduling tasks for the future and daily emailed reminders? :wink: