Accounting systems and Invoice Ninja [integration]

Hi @david and @hillel
I wonder fi there is any accounting systems that out-of-the-box works and easily integrate with Invoice Ninja?

If not, do you guys have any plans on adding integration to make it even easier to use Invoice Ninja in terms of administration?

Thanks in advance. :smiley:
Kind regards
AngryWarrior

1 Like

@AngryWarrior

Nothing out of the box, we do have user that use Zapier to integrate Invoice Ninja with Xero and Quick Books.

QBO integration is a high priority for us.

Ok, thanks a bunch @david
Quitbooks is getting horrible reviews so I won’t go with that one though:

I’M was about to look into Xero (I had signed up), but they seem to lately getting lot of negative reviews too from current an past users too:

It’s hard to find a accounting system that just does it job and does it well.

I’m currently searching for self hosted versions (My preference and if possible open source because privacy, data integrity and freedom of choice is important to me), but it seems those options are quite limited too. If you have any suggestions for any system that might work with Invoice Ninja then I would appreciate that a lot.

Kind regards
AngryWarrior

@AngryWarrior

It can be tough to find a solution that isn’t one of the big players, I don’t have any other specific recommendations myself.

1 Like

what about QB desktop Enterprise ?

Well Like I mentioned Quickbooks have very bad reviews and ratings. (See above in the thread).

Kind regards
AngryWarrior

we are looking for a replacement for QB but dont want a cloud based system . want a onprem system

Xero is made in my home country, it’s great. Give it a try for a few months and see how you like it!

1 Like

Yes they are based in New Zeeland from what I know. But jurisdiction wise New Zeeland with Jacinda Ardern is going all totalitarian’ nuts too like Australia which is a concern if you can trust the data’s integrity too in the long run.
No data is private in the cloud but you can limit that by choosing the right jurisdiction which do give the most data and privacy protection.

Kind regards
AngryWarrior

1 Like

I do disagree with the points you have made in your comment, but I also do not believe an invoicing system’s forum is the best place to have a political discussion.
Aside from that, Xero hosts their data on U.S. based AWS servers.

1 Like

it is not a political discussion at all. It´s about the best jurisdiction to place your company’s data to be safe. It something very important you need to take to account when choosing a service provider.

That doesn’t make it better. Then the US authorities have access to your company’s financial records too.

Kind regards
AngryWarrior

I understand it is important, but I truly believe that your data is safe in New Zealand hands. Nothing I could find states otherwise.

Which country would you be ok with storing your data?

1 Like

Well preferably in my company we prefer to host our systems ourselves and avoid cloud hosting as much as possible. Only if you host it yourself then you can truly guarantee the the integrity of your data and then you also own your own data 100%.

But from what I been reading Sweden, Denmark, Norway Iceland, Switzerland, Bulgaria, British Virgin Islands and The Seychelles is apparently among the top countries/jurisdiction when it comes to a strong privacy protection of data.

Kind regards
AngryWarrior

I have worked with many accounting systems over the past 30+ years. Quickbooks is fine for the small business that hires a good bookkeeper to keep the database accurate. It does require due diligence. On top of that, if your company has a large amount of transactions, the database will slow down significantly. There is no way to actually access the database, which makes data conversions tricky too should you need to upgrade.
If you are a very small business and sole proprietorship, Quicken Home & Business is sufficient. If you need to maintain a balance sheet, consider Zoho Books. It’s free. But like you, I do prefer in-house hosting. You have control over your data in full, plus it is easier to perform data conversions as your business grows and your needs for a more in-depth ERP system grows too.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback.
Quickbooks is more a US based system. We ended up with Xero because we need multicurrencies and fits our needs better.