500 — Server Error when trying to latest version

When after uploading source and going to update page I get 500 — Server Error, in the log file I see this below. Going from 5.5.120 → 5.7.24

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

[2023-10-03 13:50:13] production.ERROR: Target class [guest] does not exist. {“exception”:"[object] (Illuminate\Contracts\Container\BindingResolutionException(code: 0): Target class [guest] does not exist. at /home/stillwat/public_html/mydomain.com/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/Container.php:891)
[stacktrace]
#0 /home/stillwat/public_html/mydomain.com/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/Container.php(770): Illuminate\Container\Container->build(‘guest’)
#1 /home/stillwat/public_html/mydomain.com/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Application.php(856): Illuminate\Container\Container->resolve(‘guest’, Array, true)
#2 /home/stillwat/public_html/mydomain.com/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Container/Container.php(706): Illuminate\Foundation\Application->resolve(‘guest’, Array)
#3 /home/stillwat/public_html/mydomain.com/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Application.php(841): Illuminate\Container\Container->make(‘guest’, Array)
#4 /home/stillwat/public_html/mydomain.com/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Http/Kernel.php(239): Illuminate\Foundation\Application->make(‘guest’)
#5 /home/stillwat/public_html/mydomain.com/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Http/Kernel.php(203): Illuminate\Foundation\Http\Kernel->terminateMiddleware(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request), Object(Illuminate\Http\Response))
#6 /home/stillwat/public_html/mydomain.com/public/index.php(63): Illuminate\Foundation\Http\Kernel->terminate(Object(Illuminate\Http\Request), Object(Illuminate\Http\Response))
#7 {main}

Hi,

It may help to load /update?secret=secret

I get the error 500 when I load the /update?secret=mycode

Do you see the same details in storage/logs?

I found another post on the forum with a similar error, I suggest trying to run composer install.

I’m on a shared host, can’t run composer install

Did you use the release zip when updating the app? You shouldn’t need to use composer since the release zip includes the new vendor files.

thanks, I downloaded the “source code (zip)” from that location and uploaded the files and then tried running the /update?secret=mycode

This has always worked in the past so weird.

You need to use invoiceninja.zip.

Using the source code zip will fail if there are changes to the vendor files, it likely explains the error you’re seeing.

Ok, my instructions from the website said to use the source code which I had always done but this fixed it. I had just saw in the error log that the vendor folder wasn’t in the source code and was just about to download the other file to check. I appreciate the help. Any update on when will ever make it work with lastpass?

There’s a button on the dashboard to change to the React web app which supports Lastpass.

that’s cool, clicked it and now my page doesn’t load, just white page. cleared cache too. Any way to revert it back?

How did you install the app/are you using the file called invoiceninja.zip?

You can run this SQL query to switch back to the Flutter app.

UPDATE accounts SET set_react_as_default_ap = 0;

Here’s the demo of the new React web app:

I uploaded the full version invoiceninja.zip and that got me going again and when I clicked the react button it gave me a white page. I did set it back to 0 and its working again but would love to get the react version working, I hate having to put in my password and it looks cooler. There were a few errors in developer console tab. Any ideas as to why I got white page or how to figure out what’s causing it? Thanks

If you can share the errors you were seeing in the browser console it may help.

@david may also have some suggestions.

@barkster

Are there any errors in storage/logs/laravel.log

are folder permissions set to the web user?

So everything works fine until I click the button to change to react web. I’m on shared host so limited access to everything. What folder permissions do I need to verify, do they need to be different for react web version? I cleared the log before clicking the button and then switched to react and got white screen, refreshed page a few time and checked log, nothing in it.

I can give you access to my site, cpanel or ftp if you would like.