500 Server Error Issue after upgrading from v5.3

v5.3.0 working perfectly under Debian/Nginx. As soon as I run the upgrade from the web, it runs and works fine EXCEPT if I go to change any settings, as soon as I save, I get a 500 Server Error. I have checked permissions and can’t find any issues. The only way I can fix it is to restore the vm from a backup.

Hi,

Are there any details about the error in storage/logs/

I checked. Nothing. Nothing in the nginx logs either.

@david do you have any thoughts?

@hillel

I think this could be the AP.

@david what is the AP?

@agit8or

The Admin Portal UI

Tried to upgrade from 5.3.0 to 5.3.8. Same issue. Only occurs when updating settings. Invoices, Quotes, Clients all work fine.

I think we all have same error with 5.3.8

small snippet of the error in debug mode

500: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘report_include_drafts’ in ‘field list’ (SQL: update companies set convert_products = 0, fill_products = 1, update_products = 1, show_product_details = 0, client_can_register = 1, custom_surcharge_taxes1 = 0, custom_surcharge_taxes2 = 0, custom_surcharge_taxes3 = 0, custom_surcharge_taxes4 = 0, enable_product_cost = 0, enable_product_quantity = 1, default_quantity = 1, settings = {“auto_archive_invoice”:false,“lock_invoices”:“off”,“enable_client_portal_tasks”:true,“show_all_tasks_client_portal”:“invoiced”,“enable_client_portal_password”:true,“enable_client_portal”:true,“enable_client_portal_dashboard”:true,“signature_on_pdf”:true,“document_email_attachment”:true,“portal_design_id”:“1”,“timezone_id”:“14”,“date_format_id”:“5”,“military_time”:false,“language_id”:“1”,“show_currency_code”:false,“company_gateway_ids”:"",“currency_id”:“1”,“custom_value1”:"",“custom_value2”:"",“custom_value3”:"",“custom_value4”:"",“default_task_rate”:7,“payment_terms”:"",“send_reminders”:true,“custom_message_dashboard”:"",“custom_message_unpaid_invoice”:"",“custom_message_paid_invoice”:"",“custom_message_unapproved_quote”:"",“auto_archive_quote”:true,“auto_convert_quote”:true,“auto_email_invoice”:true,“entity_send_time”:0,“inclusive_taxes”:false,“quote_footer”:"",“translations”:[],“counter_number_applied”:“when_saved”,“quote_number_applied”:“when_saved”,“invoice_number_pattern”:“INV{$year}-{$counter}”,“invoice_number_counter”:11,“recurring_invoice_number_pattern”:“INV{$year}-{client_number}-{$counter}”,“recurring_invoice_number_counter”:1,“quote_number_pattern”:“QUOTE-{$date:Y}-{$counter}”,“quote_number_counter”:5,“client_number_pattern”:“IDC-{$counter}”,“client_number_counter”:7,“credit_number_pattern”:“CREDIT-{$client_number}-{$date:m-d-Yt}”,“credit_number_counter”:1,“task_number_pattern”:"",“task_number_counter”:1,“expense_number_pattern”:“EXP-{$year}-{$counter}”,“expense_number_counter”:2,“vendor_number_pattern”:“VEND-{$counter}”,“vendor_number_counter”:2,“ticket_number_pattern”:"",“ticket_number_counter”:1,“payment_number_pattern”:“PAYMENT-{client_number}-{$counter}”,“payment_number_counter”:6,“project_number_pattern”:"",“project_number_counter”:1,“shared_invoice_quote_counter”:true,“shared_invoice_credit_counter”:true,“recurring_number_prefix”:“R”,“reset_counter_frequency_id”:“0”,"reset_counter_date

It may help to load /update in the browser or if not to run php artisan migrate from the CLI.

cc @david

/update did not work, but php artisan migrate seems to have fixed the issue. I will continue to test. Thanks!