500 Server Error after Upgrade

Original Version: 5.5.21
Attempted Upgrade Version: 5.5.37

Using the built in upgrade mechanism was not working at all. Unfortunately I don’t remember the error but I believe it was related to the change to PHP 8.1. I am running PHP 8.1.11.

When I login, if I put in the wrong 2FA code, it will prompt with that error. When I put in the correct 2FA code, I get a 500: Server Error, and see the following in the logs:

[2022-11-05 17:40:02] production.ERROR: The “–once*” option does not exist. {“exception”:"[object] (Symfony\Component\Console\Exception\RuntimeException(code: 0): The "–once*" option does not exist. at /home//my.domain.com/vendor/symfony/console/Input/ArgvInput.php:220)
[stacktrace]
#0 /home/
/my.domain.com/vendor/symfony/console/Input/ArgvInput.php(149): Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput->addLongOption()
#1 /home//my.domain.com/vendor/symfony/console/Input/ArgvInput.php(82): Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput->parseLongOption()
#2 /home/
/my.domain.com/vendor/symfony/console/Input/ArgvInput.php(71): Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput->parseToken()
#3 /home//my.domain.com/vendor/symfony/console/Input/Input.php(55): Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput->parse()
#4 /home/
/my.domain.com/vendor/symfony/console/Command/Command.php(267): Symfony\Component\Console\Input\Input->bind()
#5 /home//my.domain.com/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Console/Command.php(148): Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command->run()
#6 /home/
/my.domain.com/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(1014): Illuminate\Console\Command->run()
#7 /home//my.domain.com/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(301): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRunCommand()
#8 /home/
/my.domain.com/vendor/symfony/console/Application.php(171): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun()
#9 /home//my.domain.com/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Console/Application.php(102): Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run()
#10 /home/
/my.domain.com/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Foundation/Console/Kernel.php(155): Illuminate\Console\Application->run()
#11 /home/*******/my.domain.com/artisan(37): Illuminate\Foundation\Console\Kernel->handle()
#12 {main}
"}

Any suggestions on where to look/what to try?

Thanks
Chris

Hi,

@david do you have any suggestions?

As a bit of follow up, I tried doing a password reset, and the email was successfully sent out to me so it seems like it’s half working, but I can’t get past the login.

@christopher.phillips

This looks like a combination of two issues.

1. Your platform is throwing an error as it is not allowing a certain command to run. Is this shared hosting or a VPS/Server?
  2. You are running QUEUE_CONNECTION=sync if you temporarily change to QUEUE_CONNECTION=database (and then refresh the cache) you should get past this.

Hi David.

1. I’m using CWP Pro as my hosting platform. What command is trying to run so I can see what I need to do to make it happen?

2. I’m already running with the database setting.

BROADCAST_DRIVER=log
LOG_CHANNEL=stack
CACHE_DRIVER=file
QUEUE_CONNECTION=database
SESSION_DRIVER=file
SESSION_LIFETIME=120

Any other thoughts?

Thanks
Chris

I’ll need to see the full error log as the sample above it clipped.

I don’t think the app is running with the queue enabled as it should never call the a command line like with what we are seeing here.

I had to revert back to my original version since it worked, and I needed to get some entries done.

With the continual and repeated issues I’ve had using Invoice Ninja over the last year, I want to love it, but I can’t. There have been too many issues and problems, and I need something that is much more reliable.