5.0.93 desktop app update and PHP memory limit warning

I’ve updated the desktop app on my Mac and now there is a PHP memory limit warning in the health check section. I’m running the latest docker image at the time of this writing, ie. 5.5.22

Is this safe to ignore? Can I do anything about it or is there a fix coming in the next release?

Edit: I just noticed there is a newer version of the docker image, 5.5.23 — will try and test it out now.

Edit2: The memory limit warning is still there using the 5.5.23 docker image

Hi,

@david should we hide this warning if docker is being used?

@hillel,

The memory limit ewarning can be removed from docker installations.

2 Likes

I’m not running inside Docker, and getting this as well (new warning since v5.5.22, and still receiving in v5.5.23-C93)…

1 Like

I am new to Invoice Ninja. I performed the docker install (ver v5.5.24-C93). I am getting the “PHP memory limit is too low” on the same pop-up above. I’ve searched forum, github and google seeking directions for how one can increase php memory limit. The best I could find is editing /usr/local/etc/php/php.ini, but this location/file does not exist in either the server or app containers.

Can someone provide needed instructions for updating docker install?

Aside: Why doesn’t the image come preconfigured with 512M memory limit?

If you’re using Docker you can ignore that warning, it will be hidden in a future version of the app. This is the command to update the app using Docker:

docker-compose down
docker-compose pull
docker-compose up

Thanks hillel,

It turns out I was able to resolve the issue by mapping a new file volume to the app container within the docker-compose.yml file. I simply appended the app container volumes with:

1. Copied the container php.ini to the local filesystem:
    $ docker cp <containerid>:/usr/local/etc/php/php.ini ./php-ninja/php.ini
  2. Modified the local copy memory_limit=512M
  3. Added new volume mapping to docker-compose.yml:
    ./php-ninja/php.ini:/usr/local/etc/php/php.ini
  4. Deleted the 3 existing containers
  5. Redeployed containers
    $ docker-compose up -d

Health-Status