410: Download not yet available

Trying to update from 5.10.27 to 5.10.29
I get the error:
410: Download not yet available. Please try again shortly.

Hi,

As a workaround you can manually copy over the .tar file

Feel free to create a discussion on GitHub to ask the developers

I already did that to upgrade to 5.10.27 and would love to not have to do it manually every update :slight_smile:

I had one instance where I got that as well. On two others, I had no problems. I don’t know if it’s staging or what to prevent too many users from downloading at the same time.

I have the same issue with the update failing:

and @hillel new updates do not still not show up and notify the admin in the new UI. Only in the old UI on the Windows app the Invoice Ninja update to a newer version is displayed (Which obviously fails to time too).

Is this something that will be fixed at some point too please?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

I suggest creating an issue on the React GitHub repo

Funny thing is that it know works?!

I changed nothing, just retried it.
Is this some kind of load balancer?

I am fine with a staged rollout, but could you please not show the update until I can actually download it?

We don’t use a load balancer or staged rollout, the release file is immediately available on GitHub

Then it is even stranger why it did not work yesterday but today :slight_smile:

I agree, it is rather odd. I currently have 4 different instances running. For three of them, the update was no problem. The fourth one, I got this as well. It is my first time seeing this response. Although, I know many other users have experienced it.

Personally, I suspect it is load balancing on the part of GitHub, not the developers. I have had this occur with other project I use that are also hosted there.

1 Like

5.10.29 to 5.10.34

Any information I can provide?

Do you see any errors in storage/logs?

Not really. I only see these two lines with todays date:

[2024-10-10 06:20:02] production.INFO: Performing Autobilling 2024-10-10 06:20:02  
[2024-10-10 08:06:41] production.DEBUG: From:  my@mail.com

You may want to create a discussion on GitHub

Your machine is hitting this block:

if (stripos($file_headers[0], "404 Not Found") > 0  || (stripos($file_headers[0], "302 Found") > 0 && stripos($file_headers[7], "404 Not Found") > 0)) {
            nlog($file_headers);
            return response()->json(['message' => 'Download not yet available. Please try again shortly.'], 410);
        }

It is encountering either a 404/302 message from github. This could mean the file is not available, OR there is an issue with your system resolving the URL.

I’ve added logging in here now, so if you do see this message, check the logs (ensure to enable expanded logging EXPANDED_LOGGING=true)

This will problem additional information as to what the system is receiving as the response.