404 Error when client registering

Im testing the client portal but every time i try to register i get a 404 Error | Not found.

Im on hosted sharing.
I have pointed my subdomain.example.com to public using .htaccess that’s in the root of Invoice Ninja files.
RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/public/
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /public/$1 [L,R=301]

I’m not good at computer languages so if anyone can help me, it would be appreciated.

Hi,

Are you saying the admin portal does work but the client portal does not, have you made any changes?

@david any thoughts?

need more info, is the site in a subdirectory? if it is, then the rewrite needs to also include the subdirectory.

Admin portal works but not the client when registering.
I can see the client portal by opening an invoice and choose Client Portal in the menu

This is a fresh V5 installation and im facing few issues. I haven’t made any changes to the files.

Issues:

1. Email sending not working: I received the initial testing email during installation.
  • Client not receiving invoice.
  • No confirmation email when created a new admin user
  1. Client cant register at
    Register — Invoice Ninja

Totally the same problem, fresh install and pretty much nothing works. :neutral_face:

Ok, well, threw away the softaculous install as it was V5.1.31 which I had all the problems with. installed from the .zip release version and everything works!!! although i am in the early days of testing, IT WORKS!!!. now the only issue is customisation. Would love to know where the email templates are so i can make the necessary changes to CSS/HTML etc to make this work for my project.

Hi,

You can set custom CSS/HTML by selecting the ‘custom’ email design on Settings > Email Settings.

Note: make sure to include $body so the app can inject the templates.