Zapier integration: "Find Product" returning same 20 records regardless of search value

Hi folks,

New to Invoice Ninja, trying to get it set up to create invoices using data from Airtable via Zapier.

I have all of the steps in place to generate an invoice when a new record is created in Airtable, but there is a glitch:

The step of finding the products in Invoice Ninja returns the same 20 products no matter what I put in as the search value. I’ve tried everything, including random unrelated search values just to confirm that it was doing what I thought it was doing.

Anyone have any idea what’s up?

Thank you,

Shawn

Hi,

It sounds like a bug, we’ll look into it for the next Zapier release.

That’s what I thought, too.

So… does that mean I can’t use Invoice Ninja until the next Zapier release?

When is that?

My free trial expires today, and if I can’t use the tool, I’ll need to look elsewhere.

Please advise.

Thank you,

Shawn

If it’s a small change it’s possible it will be working by Sunday.

Hey there,

Would it be possible to do another free trial of the Pro plan?

I was so close to having everything set up, and then ran into this snag, which ate up the last two days of the first trial.

Thanks,

Shawn

You can recreate your account to restart the trial. If you’ve configured a lot of settings you can back them up using the JSON import/export.

Ok, thank you!

Shawn

That worked great.

Any updates on the issue I was running into?

Glad to hear it! Not yet, I suggest trying again after Sunday.

Hello. This is still broken.

Have you tried creating a new Zap, you would need to test with the latest version of the Zapier integration.

Yep, did that just now - and now it’s only returning one line item, but the meta looks the same:

meta

pagination

total

count

per_page

current_page

total_pages

links

_zap_data_was_found

true

I’m not sure I understand. The meta looks correct to me, it shows that there was one match.

Right. But there are supposed to be as many as are retrieved in the loop from airtable - in this case, 27.

Can you share the data in/out from the Zapier logs?

There was a bug were the product key wasn’t being correctly sent, that should now be corrected.

Hi. I haven’t sent the zapier logs because I don’t know which ones to send - every time I run the zap, with loops, it uses up 40 or so tasks with accompanying logs.

Here’s a technical question about Invoice Ninja: is there a maximum of 20 line items for any given quote or invoice? Asking because each of mine could potentially be up to 50 line items.

There are no limits as to how many items can be added to an invoice however by default the API will only return the first 20 records.

Ok, I get it now.

This means I need to populate my airtable with the product IDs from Invoice Ninja - but I haven’t been able to find them anywhere.

Where do I find the product ID for each product?

Or, alternatively, how do I change the API default to accommodate for up to 50 items?

You can use the product report to see the ids.

Alternatively, how do I change or work around the API default of 20 to accommodate for up to 50 items?

Really appreciate all the help you’re providing.