Whoops, looks like something went wrong.

Hi there,

I upgraded to the latest version of IN using Softaculous and I’m able to access invoices, update invoices but when I tried to edit the Settings/Invoice Settings area I received the error message “Whoops, looks like something went wrong.” after pressing Save.

Can you please help me troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks!
Mahesh

  • Which version of the app are you using?
  • Are there any details in storage/logs/laravel-error.log

We’re running Powered by Invoice Ninja - v4.3.1 | White labeled
Here is the log:

[2018-04-28 20:58:29] production.ERROR: Illuminate\Database\QueryException [42S22] : /home/webpromo/public_html/billing/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Database/Connection.php [Line 647] => SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘auto_archive_quote’ in ‘field list’ (SQL: update accounts set updated_at = 2018-04-28 20:58:29, invoice_terms = Please issue your payments in the form of a cheque (in Canadian Dollars unless otherwise specified), not post-dated, made payable to XXXX and mail to the address above. Customers can opt to pay with a credit card but should be aware a convenience fee of 4% will be added to their invoices. Invoices not paid in full after thirty (30) days of their issue date will occur an interest of 2.9% and will be compounded every thirty (30) days. Invoices not paid in full after ninety (90) days, will be forwarded to collections and the customer will occur the full cost of the collection agency and legal fees. Web Hosting and Domain Name Registration Services are pre-paid services and are to be paid immediately., custom_invoice_taxes1 = 0, custom_invoice_taxes2 = 0, share_counter = 1, reset_counter_frequency_id = , auto_archive_quote = 0, auto_archive_invoice = 0, auto_email_invoice = 0 where id = 1) {“context”:“PHP”,“user_id”:1,“account_id”:“1”,“user_name”:“XXXX”,“method”:“POST”,“url”:“XXXX/billing/public/settings/invoice_settings”,“previous”:XXXX/billing/public/settings/invoice_settings",“user_agent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/66.0.3359.117 Safari/537.36”,“locale”:“en”,“ip”:“38.21.19.41”,“count”:1,“is_console”:“no”,“is_api”:“no”,“db_server”:“mysql”} []

Have you manually deleted clients from your database? You can check with this SQL query:


select a.id, a.created_at, a.client_id
from activities a 
left join clients c on c.id = a.client_id
where c.id is null
and a.client_id is not null;

If there are matching records you’ll need to delete them and then load /update

It didn’t come back with any results.
https://ibb.co/gt5mDc

What do you see on yoursite.com/billing/public/update

SQLSTATE[42S21]: Column already exists: 1060 Duplicate column name 'format' (SQL: alter tablesubscriptionsaddformatenum('JSON', 'UBL') not null default 'JSON')

Thanks, from the error I think something failed in this migration:

https://github.com/invoiceninja/invoiceninja/blob/master/database/migrations/2018_01_10_073825_add_subscription_format.php

If you want to email storage/logs/laravel-error.log to contact@invoiceninja.com I can try to debug it.

I’ve sent the log file. Thank you.