V5 selfhosting issue narrowing down the problem

This reports problems after a clean v5 5.3.22.
After having problems all week with V4, discovering that the latest V4 is incompatibele with PHP7.3 and above. Eventually transfering to v5 and doing countless reinstalls on Directadmin-Installatron selfhosting and testing i think i have narrowed the problem tot this:

WORKS meaning able to enter data, save data, and view data.

New Company+Add Company WORKS (twice the name NEW COMPANY)
Adding client WORKS
Adding products WORKS
Adding invoices WORKS
Adding recurring invoices WORKS
Adding payments WORKS
Adding quotes WORKS
Adding credits WORKS
Adding projects WORKS
Adding tasks WORKS
Adding vendors WORKS
Adding expenses WORKS
Adding recurring expenses WORKS
Adding reports WORKS
Dashboard display overview reports, Activity, system logs, invoices, payments, quotes, tasks, expenses WORKS

Welkome to invoice ninja NOT WORKING verify password to conform. Close. Entered data is not saved and retained.

mutating/editing any Field in clients NOT WORKING error error please check that invoice ninja v5 is installed on the server copy/dismiss
Products same as above NOT WORKING
Invoices same as above NOT WORKING
Recurring invoices same as above NOT WORKING
Payments same as above NOT WORKING
Quotes same as above NOT WORKING
Credits same as above NOT WORKING
Projects same as above NOT WORKING
Tasks same as above NOT WORKING
Vendors same as above NOT WORKING
Expenses same as above NOT WORKING
Recurring expenses same as above NOT WORKING

Settings (ALL SETTINGS and FIELDS) Same as above NOT WORKING editing OR Add data resulting in error error please check that invoice ninja v5 is installed on the server.

This concludes my report. A quick guess would be that this is due to a write rights error OR mis-configuration.

Hi,

Maybe it’s a mod_security setting?

@david any thoughts?

Why would IT then only affect the entering of specific data like site name? And not the rest of bulk data of other menu items?

And why would IT save the invoices, clients etc perfectly? Yet not allow them to be edited in second instance?

That would be a strange inconsistancy, no?

Do you see any errors in storage/logs/laravel.log

A brunch of these errors

app/Models/Account.php [Line 1126] => Unparenthesized a ? b : c ?: d is deprecated. Use either (a ? b : c) ?: d or a ? b : (c ?: d) {“context”:“PHP”,“user_id”:0,“account_id”:0,“user_name”:"",“method”:“GET”,“user_agent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:95.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/95.0”,“locale”:“en”,“ip”:“MYIP,“count”:1,“is_console”:“no”,“is_api”:“no”,“db_server”:“mysql”,“url”:”/"} []

Those are v4 errors from using PHP 7.4, you can either downgrade PHP or update to the latest version of the v4 app which supports PHP 7.4.

https://invoice-ninja.readthedocs.io/en/latest/update.html

Sorry, you are correct!. The errorlog for the v5 version contains Just 2 lines:

2022-01-04 14:11:36 production.INFO: latest version = 5.3.41

@david do you have any suggestions?

It sounds like a file permissions error if nothing is coming back to the logs. I would suggest chown’ing the entire diretory to the web user to confirm